There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Waterloo
Function: Supply Management / Logistics
Title: Supply Management / Logistic - Part-Time Student - Waterloo, IA - 61128
· Primary responsibilities of this role are to support the experimental part procurement group involving creating a MASA and purchase order for production parts to support builds and test floor.
· Additional responsibility is to contribute to the material handling team's effort to achieve timely completion of engine builds in support of engineering projects.
· This will involve locating and requesting inventory, in-reporting of received materials, updating the database as well as PDI and PDM Link, and creating external shipping documents of engine components to support tests and builds.
What it Takes
· Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple requests/activities.
· Good interpersonal communication skills both oral and written.
· Basic knowledge and fluency in use of Microsoft Office Outlook software package including Excel and Word.
· Good attention to detail, and excellent accuracy.
· Must be a full-time student at a local university or college (Hawkeye, UNI, Wartburg, etc.)
· Pursuing a degree in Accounting, Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering
· If currently attending a community college, must be planning to pursue a 4-year degree
· Must be available to work a minimum of 12 months.
A Strong Candidate Will Also Have
· Strong system skills, and the ability to pick up new computer programs easily.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Manager, Intern, Engineer, Database, Testing, Management, Entry Level, Engineering, Technology