There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Milan
Function: Information Technology
Title: Software Engineer - 59790
As a Software Engineer for the John Deere Parts Organization, you will be responsible for designing and implementing technical solutions which could include coding and system configuration for complex products supporting Planning and Procurement business processes. You will have primary responsibility for supporting SAP core processes focused on Materials Management module, Service Parts Planning module and PTC Order Plan functionality. In addition, you will;
· Lead/assist with the translation of business requirements into detailed user stories for procurement processes utilizing SAP and other technical platforms
· Develop, configure, and support other SAP modules including Financial Accounting, Logistics Execution, Quality Management, and others
· Lead, participate, and support major upgrades
· Test deliverables against user story acceptance criteria
· Work closely with other team members to ensure that features meet business needs
· Work collaboratively with infrastructure, security, and other partners
· Follow industry-standard Agile software design methodology for development and documentation based off intentional architecture principles and API-led methodology
· Mentor more junior engineers on the team in specific software packages such as SAP, PTC, etc.
· Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
Visa sponsorship is available for this position
What Skills You Need
· 5+ years of experience analyzing, translating and defining business requirements in to technical solutions with SAP
· 3+ years of SAP Functional configuration and development experience; preferably related to Materials Management and Service Parts Planning modules
· 3+ years of application development experience, ABAP
· Computer technology experience; Agile/Scaled Agile methodology, and full life-cycle development
· Experience working in a cross-functional, flexible, and collaborative team with minimal work direction
What Makes You Stand Out
· 4+ years of experience implementing major Information Technology programs or projects that are broad in scope or multi-unit/cross divisional
· SAP SD experience
· SAP gATP experience
· SAP CRM experience
· SAP EWM experience
· 1+ years of experience working in an Agile/Scaled Agile environment
Education (or equivalent work experience)
· Bachelor's degree in Information Technology related discipline or equivalent experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Davenport
Nearest Secondary Market: Moline
Job Segment: Developer, Software Engineer, ERP, SAP, Engineer, Technology, Engineering