There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Missouri (US-MO) - Strafford
Function: Manufacturing Engineering
Title: Manufacturing Engineer - 61322
As a Manufacturing Engineer for John Deere Reman located in Strafford, MO, this position will plan, coordinate, and perform manufacturing engineering work for a project or process. In addition, you will:
· Operate in a team environment within the enterprise product delivery process and/or the enterprise order fulfillment process
· Manage projects which are of limited scope and responsibility; work plans and decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by the supervisor and/or manager
· May assign coordinate and review portions of the work for support personnel in other departments like Warehouse Operations, Supply Management, Quality, Product Engineering, Maintenance, Scheduling, Contractors, Etc.
· Focus on Continuous Improvement, not maintaining status quo but building a better business and continuously improve what we do
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need :
· 1 or more years of experience in one or more related engineering areas: industrial, production, methods, warehousing, manufacturing, and quality
· 1 or more years of experience in project management and business planning with small projects or larger tactical projects with medium complexity
· 1 or more years of experience with line and process design, material presentation, cycles of imbalance and visual management tools
· 1 or more years of experience with engineering tools, systems and databases
· Background in Electrical Maintenance or Engineering
· Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental laws, regulations and goals
· Process and machine troubleshooting on PLC and hardwired control systems
· Willingness and ability to work a split shift position, starting at 10am
· Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% with some overtime during the week and occasionally during the weekend based on project requirement/production
What Makes You Stand Out:
· Knowledge of Warehouse operations with a good understanding of the FIFO and Kanban principles and can independently use the knowledge
· Background in 1 or more areas of Engineering (Industrial, Lean Manufacturing, Mechanical, Warehouse Operations, dimensions and tolerances, electrical, hydraulics, power systems, etc.)
· Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools such as (CREO, AutoCAD, CATIA, Solid Works)
· Knowledge of manufacturing, quality, tooling, layout design, total preventive maintenance and facilities
· Understanding of the Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP)
Education (or equivalent work experience):
· Bachelor's degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline (Industrial, Mechanical)
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Springfield
Job Segment: Industrial, Hydraulics, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Manufacturing, Engineering