At JLL Technologies, our mission is to bring technology innovation to commercial real estate. We are looking for Design leaders who will own and to drive our design experience thinking. We are a rapidly growing technology team focused on crafting innovative end-to-end designs and customer experiences for a global customer base. Our work and vision define JLL Technology as the user experience led group. We are looking for a UX/UI design lead in Menlo Park, CA to join our passionate group of product manager and engineers. Our customers expect and encourage us to push the boundaries of what an enterprise product could be, envisioning across all platforms to directly impact the product roadmap and our customer’s goals.
What Success Looks Like in the Role
Your product UX design vision sees 1-2 years into the future and evolves by listening to customers and ideating ground-breaking solutions. You identify and surface UX issues and opportunities ensuring that they are closed out. Leading collaboration across software development, product management, and engineering you create fluid, intuitive user experiences that scale seamlessly across desktop, mobile applications and push into paradigms such as voice.
A Day in the Life
• Spend time with a user persona learning from them what would make JLL integrate into their daily job and improve the quality of their work.
• Build high fidelity wireframes of a multi-variant workflow that inspires users in a research study in how it simplifies the customer journey.
• Partner with your Engineering and Product leads on a product roadmap that pushes the boundaries of what it means to be the market leading experience company.
• Develop a new standard in how core design patterns are shared and documented ensuring that engineers around the globe can seamlessly tap into the patterns allowing them to independently build with confidence.
• Attend a UX team critique - inform and support the work that is being presented by your team members and help inspire junior members of the team.
• Translate data from a usability study and translate it into concrete user interface design improvements and get them prioritized into sprint planning so customers see an immediate impact.
• Integrate the latest standards in interaction design and trends in user design into the product to create the most intuitive and easy to use enterprise product in the market.
You are a customer advocate, you grow and mentor other designers, and you live to see your designs fully executed in products. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design. You have a clear history of crafting user experiences for web and apps that inspire brand loyalty. You have a proven track record of rigorously applying user-centered design processes and methodologies to product development and are enthusiastic about solving complex user interface problems. You have experience with data visualization and a deep understanding of what it takes to build responsive web applications. From data modeling to UI transitions, design systems to pattern definition, your diverse set of skills delivers consumer quality with enterprise power.
• 7+ years as an information architect, user experience or interaction designer.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related fields such as Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Visual Arts, or Computer Science. Master’s preferred.
• Have shipped and maintained multiple products and features with an online portfolio that showcases this work and your process.
• Ability to work cross functionally and influence stakeholders with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of web accessibility principles and experience in building for accessibility.
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools.
• Working knowledge of Github and Jira is highly preferred.
JLL is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. Our vision is to reimagine the world of real estate, creating rewarding opportunities and amazing spaces where people can achieve their ambitions. In doing so, we will build a better tomorrow for our clients, our people and our communities. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of 90,000 as of December 31, 2018. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit jll.com.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.