Open Position Title: i.e. Technician
About JLL –
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions - join us at JLL!
About the role:
· Operate on Building M&E Equipment. For example: UPS, CRAC, generator, BMS, Alarm system in Tech Room, Power Distribution System, Air-conditioner in Office, Fire Protection System, Water protection system and Drainage Systems. Ensure all relevant equipments comply with safety and statutory requirements.
· Perform routine maintenance on non-critical M&E Equipment: AHU’s, FCU’s, extract and supply fans, sumps pumps, chilled/condenser/domestic water pumps and window/split air-conditioning units excluding the refrigeration system. Supervise other maintenance work executed by vendors to ensure safe and quality works are delivered.
· Install and repair small facilities matters: change lamps, small plumbing and drainage repairs, extend socket outlet, repair minor electrical faults etc.
· Organise repair job quotation and negotiate scope, cost and time with vendor.
What this job involves:
Greasing the wheels of day-to-day operations
You will be involved in the overall upkeep of plant and facilities equipment to ensure smooth daily operations. To do this, you’ll need to regularly inspect all equipment rooms and other facilities, and take note of any problems using the predefined checklists. Also part of your responsibilities is to walk the duty technicians through weekend work plans, and give out technical recommendations, as needed.
Being the front line for maintenance needs
Our clients will come to you for equipment fixes, so you’ll be expected to be skilled in carrying out repairs. At the same time, you should always be ready to get hold of vendors to do maintenance work at a moment’s notice. On top of this, you’ll also have to speed up any required equipment moves, adds and changes implementation. In every decision or action you will make, you’ll need to keep in mind that you follow local governmental rules and regulations to avoid any legal troubles.
Sound like you? To apply you will have:
· Technical Certificate in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is essential. Diploma and higher qualification may be considered for senior position.
· For electrician role, Grade A Electrician License/LEW qualification is preferred.
· For mechanical role, air-conditioning system knowledge and hands-on experience is preferred.
· More than 2 years working experience as Mechanical or Electrical Facilities Technician. Working in data center or financial institution is a plus point.
· Fire Fighting Training and Certification from Fire Department is advantageous
· Applicants are expected to have good communication skills working with users, vendors and landlord representatives.
Certified and experienced
Are you certified to do electrical or mechanical repair? Have you worked in a facilities and maintenance role before? If yes, then you are who we’re looking for!
Good-natured and customer-oriented
Can you clearly report issues and problems and provide clear instruction to repair bugs and malfunctions? To serve clients the best way possible, good communication skills—both written and spoken—will also be indispensable for this role. Can you speak or write in English and Chinese? That’ll be a big plus!
What you can expect from us
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together - across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.