The Sr HVAC Technician will perform HVAC and Mechanical preventive maintenance and repairs within a given geographic territory. This will include hands-on work to complete the necessary work within Jones Lang LaSalle standards and guidelines.
Area of Responsibility Key Elements and Essential Tasks Time Spent on Task
1. Safety * Comprehensive knowledge of Safe Work practices especially regarding energized work, working at heights and confined spaces. * Ability to recognize, assess and mitigate or eliminate risk. * Ability to understand and use proper PPE for associated tasks Less than 20% x 20% - 40% 40% - 60% 60% or greater
2. Training * Evaluate, train, teach and coach a work force of Lead Engineers, Facility Engineers, and Maintenance Technicians as requested by supervisors. x Less than 20% 20% - 40% 40% - 60% 60% or greater
3. Operations, Maintenance and Repair – OM&R * Possess hands on skills and knowledge to complete required repairs and maintenance on commercial HVAC systems (including chillers, cooling towers, pumps, motors, air handlers, automation/controls systems, and associated electrical and pneumatic systems) using industry standard tools and in accordance with all codes, laws, and regulations * Perform preventive maintenance and repair service work on HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and various other building systems to maintain the properties in peak operational condition. Less than 20% 20% - 40% x 40% - 60% 60% or greater
4. Customer Service * Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of x Less than 20% 20% - 40% 40% - 60% 60% or greater
5. * Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
MINIMUM REQUIRED PREFERRED
Education/training * GED * Comparable work experience * High School * Vocation degree program, apprenticeship.
Years of relevant
experience * 7 Years HVAC * 10 years HVAC
Skills and knowledge * Applicable HVAC codes, laws and regulations Applicable MEP codes, laws and regulations
* Ability to effectively use computers and computer programs (including use of Microsoft Office Suite) * Skill in use of the internet to navigate to and use web based applications. * Ability to use handheld electronic devices (PDA, Blackberry, cell phone, etc.) * Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar * Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction * Possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal * Ability to create, modify and edit processes, procedures and reports.
licenses * EPA Universal Certification * R410a Certification *
requirements and work
conditions * Work can be Truck based with travel or Campus based. * Ability to lift 50 pounds * Ability to bend, sit, knell, squat, stand, reach and lay as required to access equipment components for extended periods of time. * Ability to work exposed to heat, sunlight, rain, cold, daylight and nighttime hours as required.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
California Residents only
If you are a California resident as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please view our Supplemental Privacy Statement which describes your rights and disclosures about your personal information. If you are viewing this on a mobile device you may want to view the CCPA version on a larger device.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.