5+ years experience
JLL is seeking a Property Accountant to support our Client Property Management team to provide full scale accounting and reporting support for the property/facility management team, and function as a key member of the management team.
· Manage the annual budget preparation – compile key assumptions and capital budget information, maintain lease level budgeting for all tenants, review and coordinate the budget input into the accounting system. Ensure all revenue and expenses are recorded properly.
· Coordinate with the property managers and accounting department to prepare the monthly reporting packages. Organize, compile and submit the reports to the client.
· Support property managers in review and preparation of monthly variance reports.
· Oversee Accounts Receivable process – monitor cash receipts, review and bill tenant recurring charges and billing adjustments, variable charges and utility charges.
· Coordinate Accounts Payable process – review invoice coding and approvals, and ensure proper audit trail is in place.
· Complete detailed funding requests to submit to client for payment of all expenses.
· Review leases, leasing activity, and critical lease dates to ensure accurate billing.
· Prepare annual estimated operating expenses for tenant billing.
· Prepare annual year-end reconciliations and ensure all recoveries are billed according to the lease documents.
· Prepare budget re-forecasts.
· Track management fees and construction management fees for Regional budgeting and re-forecasting.
· Coordinate payroll reporting process.
· Assist in all audits at the property.
· Serve as point of contact for client finance team.
· Provide training for team members on accounting software.
· Assist the client with Ad Hoc reporting and cost center allocations as requested.
· Generally support the property and facility management team with regard to property financials.
· Utilize your skills to support and assist the team and provide direction on process improvements.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting
5+ years real estate accounting experience
Microsoft office product knowledge, Excel, and real estate accounting software preferred (Yardi, SAP, MRI, Kardin Budgeting Software).
Sound like you? Apply today!
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.