Full-time, hourly position, May through October 2020
Flexible schedule includes evening and weekend hours
Summary of Duties
This person will assist the Dock Master with the operations of the Marina at Rowes Wharf and the Commercial Maritime Terminal (CMT).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist the Dock master in managing the 40-slip Marina at Rowes Wharf and the adjacent marine facilities at the CMT
· Assist in making reservations for short-terms stays and pick-ups and drop-offs at the Marina and CMT.
· Conduct cash and credit card transactions for Marina and CMT customers
· Provide excellent customer service to seasonal and transient marina guests, guests of the Boston Harbor Hotel, and Rowes Wharf tenants
· Participate in maintenance and upkeep of marina facilities, equipment, and the Marina skiff
· Assist in the preparation for evening Summer in the City events
· Become familiar with US Coast Guard and Rowes Wharf security measures for the Rowes Wharf waterfront
· Help ensure a clean and safe Marina and CMT environment
· Maintain successful working relationships with Rowes Wharf Property Management and Engineering staff, the staff of the Boston Harbor, and the cleaning staff for the property
· Report to the Dock Master
· Experience with boat handling, securing lines, etc.
· Experience in a position working with the public
· High School diploma, GED, or work in progress toward a high school diploma
· Valid Massachusetts driver’s license
Marina at Rowes Wharf
The Marina at Rowes Wharf is Boston’s premiere marina and international point of arrival for sail/motor yachts and super yachts. The gateway to downtown Boston, Rowes Wharf is just steps away from national historic and cultural sites, museums, the best restaurants in New England, and world-class shopping. With all-new facilities and unparalled service, the Marina at Rowes Wharf sets the standard for quality, comfort, and fun on the Boston Waterfront.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.