JLL is a Fortune 500 company and professional services and investment management firm that helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. With more than 90,000 employees across the globe, JLL is one of the largest and most successful commercial real estate companies in the world. JLL fosters a culture focused on putting clients’ interests first, maintaining high ethical standards, and encouraging collaboration and creativity. JLL is seeking highly-motivated candidates to join our Capital Markets team, which executes sale, financing, and recapitalization transactions of assets across all industry sectors, including office, multifamily, retail, industrial and hotels.
On July 1, 2019, JLL acquired HFF, a firm which ranked as the #1 loan originator during 2018, has been listed as one of Fortune 100’s fastest growing companies for four years, and ranks among the top three brokerage firms in the U.S. Together, we will attract, nurture and retain the best talent and redefine excellence in capital markets.
The current Analyst position is focused exclusively on the sale of commercial real estate assets primarily in the industrial sector. Investment Advisory Analysts have the opportunity to be involved in every stage of each transaction, including: underwriting, market research, property tours, preparation of offering memoranda, marketing and term sheet negotiations, and client meetings / events. Analysts work in a high-energy, team-focused environment.
· Prepare investment advisory packages and submissions for commercial real estate transactions, including research, financial modeling and composition of executive summaries.
· Responsible for complex financial modeling of commercial real estate transactions and utilize market and data / comps to correctly underwrite each transaction.
· Manage the due diligence process and be the driving force in working through the marketing and closing processes for each transaction, including being in constant communication with the producer, the market and the client. Use information from the marketing process to assist clients in making decisions related to their business plan and capital structure.
· Must be proficient working with databases and adept at effectively identifying what data from these systems will be useful to determine trends and in preparing for pitches and meetings.
· Must understand and review real estate documents (leases, loan documents, appraisals, etc.) to extract lease terms for financial models, and uncover any potential concerns or terms that would be pertinent to underwriting.
· Develop and recommend financing alternatives to present to producers.
· Begin to build client network within the industry through meetings, events and involvement in real estate trade organizations.
· Participate in weekly office meetings with producers to track and discuss deal flow, deal status, market conditions and review new client leads.
· Other duties and/or initiatives as assigned/relevant to the business.
· 1-3 years of experience in a financial analysis environment; commercial real estate industry experience or interest preferred.
· Self-motivated with strong time management skills to prioritize tasks and deadlines.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, quantitative, writing, and communication skills; able to interface with top level executives.
· Strong writing skills with ability to communicate analytical and marketing data effectively.
· Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent attention to detail within a tight deadline driven environment.
· Self-directed and able to work independently and collaboratively across a team.
Education & Skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Intermediate working knowledge of Outlook, Powerpoint and MSWord.
· Strong aptitude for financial analysis and Excel modeling.
· Argus experience preferred.
· Database and/or Salesforce CRM experience a plus.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.