We are looking for a Lead Engineer for our integrated facilities management business line.
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours.
Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
Purpose of The Role:
Provide an “all round” engineering support, maintaining the buildings for our client. Have a detailed understanding of all new or current Building Services systems and contingency procedures within the buildings and ensure compliance with all contract procedures and that all Local Authority, Statutory Regulations and Codes of Practice in particular the Fire Certificate and JLL Safety/operational processes are followed to ensure the smooth operation of the facility.
It is the Lead Engineers role to act as a co-ordination point for the day-to-day activities on site between the team when the shift leader is absent, specialist service partners and Project works, including completion of the necessary PTW and, ensuring that conduct of all personnel under his control is safe, professional and conscientious.
Responsible under the Shift Leader for ensuring that all activities within the building are known and that they are being carried out with due regard to Health and Safety, maintaining the 100% up time criteria. Also responsible for ensuring the shift-manning To assist with managing the shift to ensure compliance with company objectives. To ensure timely completion of all reactive and planned maintenance work orders
What The Job Involves:
· Assist in co-ordinating and control of the Shift Engineers and Day Technicians.
· PPM Compliance – Ensure 100% PPM completion by month end.
· Reactive works compliance – assist in ensuring work orders are managed within SLA limits.
· Reactive works: Pro actively action work orders which may not be assigned, to help reduce volume and work order age.
· Assist in the Management and control the annual leave in line with local policy and ensure cover is arranged accordingly. Documentation completed and updated accordingly.
· Operate all systems within the buildings in a competent, effective and efficient manner (including HV operations).
· Assist in Coordination and control all activities being undertaken by JLL specialist Service Providers.
· Ensure that Specialist Service Provider worksheets are signed off that quality of work is inspected and defects/recommendations are actioned or escalated accordingly.
· Maintain effective shift handovers including critical plant status, plant isolations, issues arising, ongoing works, special task requests, standard of housekeeping.
· Assist with obtaining quotations and/or ordering of any parts required to maintain plant operation and/or system resilience.
· Arrange Specialist Service Provider visits reactive calls when necessary.
· Engineering Control Room, plant areas, workshops, stores, changing/rest areas etc. are kept to the highest level of housekeeping, specifically designated areas of responsibility.
· Undertake and/or support ad-hoc requests from the Engineering Management Team.
· To ensure all site tools/equipment and keys inventory are kept up to date and in calibration to aid in the smooth operation of the buildings.
· To follow all local processes and escalation procedures.
· Be familiarised with standard and emergency operating procedures and provide training where necessary to ensure shift engineers are familiarised.
· Ability to carry out controlled switching of UPS, Generators, HV and LV switchgear either for maintenance works or recovery from failure
· Ensure all record keeping functions are completed on a Daily basis
· Ensure all engineers PDA time cards are completed on a daily basis
· Ensure handover to opposite shift (Shift Change Over Log) is completed before leaving site, updating the status of any out of hours helpdesk tasks the appropriate log
· Issue/Close/Inspection of work permits and areas of work when required (HV, LV, Switching Logs, Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Access, Hot Works, Mechanical Works, Roof Working, Confined Space) – This is especially required when contractors are under our control through the PTW systems
· Ensure daily critical walk round completed
· Life Safety Systems Logs
· Reorder critical spares/update inventory/records.
· Complete and update EHS documentation including the delivery of tool box talks, to the engineers.
Additional Duties & Key Performance Measures:
· Required to maintain records of all permit issued and when on shift raise and approve permits on the Epermit and manual system as required in conjunction with the Shift Leader and engineering services manager
· Lead Engineer is responsible along with the shift leader to ensure that work orders both Reactive and planned are completed within agreed SLA’s
· He is also responsible with the other shift leaders/Lead Engineers for maintaining all required statutory and site records to ensure that the site remains compliant.
· 5 years experience in Building Services industry
· HV/LV authorised person ( Training Can be Provided)
· C&G Pts. 1 & 2 or equivalent in electrical/mechanical discipline
· Current Edition IEE: Wiring and Installation Regulations or equivalent Mechanical engineering qualification
· Apprenticeship served
· Strong communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff, or difficult situation
· Demonstrate a good understanding and be technically competent in all building services, in particular UPS, generators, static switches, water treatment, refrigeration and air conditioning
· Ability to lead, motivate and direct a small team of technicians/operatives
· Pro-active in achieving the highest standard of operation
· Have comprehensive IT skills
· Report writing
· Spares ordering
· Strong communication skills
Qualifications & Experience:
· Must have experience in Critical Facilities Environments.
· Previous customer service experience.
· C&G Pts. 1 & 2 or equivalent in electrical/mechanical discipline
· Current Edition IEE: Wiring and Installation Regulations
What you can expect from us:
· You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
· Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay.
· Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
Apply today at jll.com/careers.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.