Under general supervision, install, operate, maintain, alter, troubleshoot and repair electrical power and lighting distribution systems along with a wide variety of industrial electrical equipment. This position requires a high level of technical expertise with a variety of building infrastructure. The individual in this role must be available for on-call work. Off-hours shifts, evening, night and weekend work may be required. The position may be called upon to perform other general maintenance and support duties on an as-needed basis.
• Oversees the general operation, repair and maintenance of the building electrical and lighting systems, perform new installations and assist in determining the frequency of PMs.
• Serves as a subject matter expert on electrical systems.
• Understands the engineering design and operational aspects of the building critical systems and components. Must be able to troubleshoot and respond to operational and emergency situations.
• A solid understanding of NFPA 70E is required, and employees are expected to work on equipment in the Arc Flash PPE that is necessary to perform the work.
• Work with high- and low-voltage systems, such as transformers, high voltage primary feed and secondary transformers to include installation, troubleshooting and repair as required.
• Checks malfunctioning equipment and puts corrective actions in place
• Monitors operation and maintains heating and cooling valves, water cooling equipment; conveyors, boilers, heating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters.
• Ensures that work is performed efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
• Prioritizes all PM’s, corrective and emergent work orders for the site (annual, monthly, weekly, and daily).
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment. Identifies and remediates all Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) issues as they arise. Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
• Completes all assigned JLL and Client required training and always complies with the established training standards.
• Has prior safety training such as NFPA 70e and OSHA10.
• Recommends and estimates facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
• Reviews and submits purchase requisitions for the facility.
• Ensures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building. Specific duties include but are not limited to: preparing and submitting purchase orders requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions.
• Performs additional duties as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
• Experience in food production and distribution facility.
• Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports
• Prior knowledge of working within a GMP environment is a plus.
• Familiar with BMS and CMMS systems
• Skilled and physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate required equipment.
• Able to work in close places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
• Able to work on roofs of buildings
• Completion of written documentation is required.
• Subject to call 24 hours per day and required to work in all weather conditions.
• The working environment is a food processing and distribution location(s).
Minimum Required Education / Experience
• Minimum of a high school diploma. College/Technical Degree preferred.
• Holds a trade license. Master Electrician preferred.
• Multi-discipline individuals preferred.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills are a must
• 3-5+ years of experience in food processing facility
• Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, Outlook, etc.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.