Debt Analyst, Capital Markets
This position is focused exclusively on the placement of debt and/or equity for commercial real estate transactions. Debt Analysts have the opportunity to be involved in every stage of a transaction, including underwriting, market research, property tours, preparation of offering memorandums, marketing and term sheet negotiation, closing and client meetings and events. Will work in a high-energy, team-focused environment.
· Prepare debt and/or equity offering memorandums for commercial real estate transactions, including research, financial modeling and composition of executive summaries.
· Responsible for complex financial modeling of commercial real estate transactions and utilize market and JLL data / comps to correctly underwrite a transaction.
· Manage the due diligence process and be the driving force in working through the marketing and closing processes for each transaction, and be in constant communication with the Producer, the market and the Client. Use this information from the marketing process to assist clients in making decisions related to their business plan and capital structure.
· Must be technically proficient in use of databases and be able to effectively identify what data from this system to will be useful to determine trends and for preparation for pitches and meetings.
· Must understand and review real estate documents (leases, loan documents, appraisals, etc.) to determine if any issues exist and determine what could be a concern.
· Develop and recommend financing alternatives to present to the Producer.
· Begin to build client network within the industry through meetings, events and involvement in real estate trade organizations.
· Participate in weekly office meetings with Producers to discuss deal flow, deal status, market conditions and review new client leads.
· Other duties as assigned.
· 1-3 years of experience in financial analysis environment; mortgage or commercial real estate industry is preferred,
· Self-motivated, team oriented, and strong time management skills to prioritize deadlines.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal, quantitative, writing and communication skills; able to interface with clients including their top level executives.
· Strong writing skills with ability to communicate analytical and marketing data effectively.
· Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
· Ability to be an independent worker with a team player attitude.
Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Intermediate working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, and Word.
· Argus experience a plus / desired.
· Data base experience a plus.
Office – work with computers, copiers, and scanners.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.