JLL is hiring a Control Systems Engineer to Support Amazon’s State-of-the-art distribution center in Sacramento CA!
About the Role
The Reliability and Maintenance Engineering team plays a vital role in our operational success in the distribution aspect of the business. Seeking a proactive automation controls and technical support role for Fulfilment Center operations, focusing on maximizing equipment reliability and operational performance of equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, and SCADA devices and programs.
What Do We Offer?
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success. Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Coordinate and plan work activities for the Control Systems Techs/Leads to accomplish goals and objectives of North America Customer Fulfillment teams
· Work closely with FC Operations, Operations Engineering, FC Start up Team, AFT Software teams, ACES team, and Safety in supporting MHE systems optimization and project implementation
· Understand, maintain and troubleshoot material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems
· Monitor MHE metrics and partner with maintenance/operations for system performance issues and provide analysis across all FC's
· Act as first level escalation support for the Control Systems Techs/Leads, during and after business hours, troubleshooting locally and remotely and repair all hardware or controls software systems within the building
· Appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
· Mentor CSTs and CSLs within your assigned building
· Facilitate Failure Analysis and Incident Review processes and implement process improvements or retraining to avoid future incidents
· Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic systems to maximize building utilization of systems
· Perform, Utilize, and provide analysis FC System Assessments to assess material handling system performance
· Partner with FC Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building
· Utilize FC network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers, as needed
· Communicate technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team. Explain production impacts
· Assist with skill assessments for the Technical positions within NACF Maintenance teams
· Handle flexible work load which may come from management or FC operations
· Participate in AE conference calls and coordinate with AE central team to complete all tasks required
· Provide weekly site controls reliability information to AE central team
· Travel up to 20%
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or other related engineering OR 5+ years of equivalent professional or military experience.
· Experience with electrical theory, Robotics, Controls components, automated equipment
· Knowledge on programming software such as RSLogix5000 studio, FT View, and other controls software platforms
· Knowledge of Robotics work cells and its control systems
· Experience identifying, maintaining, troubleshooting, programming, and designing HMI and control network components
· Experience identifying, maintaining, troubleshooting, and modifying Motor Controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components
· Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems
· Knowledge or Warehouse Management System Software Concepts and messaging protocols
· Experience interpreting, modifying, and developing mechanical and electrical drawings
· Experience identifying, maintaining, and utilizing SCADA systems and KPIs
· Ability to lead others in a technical role and interact with all levels of management.
· Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to train others with lesser skills
· Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others.
· Systems controls design or programming experience
· Systems integration experience
· Field service engineering experience
· Systems trainer or training experience
· Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems
· Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills
· Proven history of remote technical phone support
· Experience with advanced automation controls systems
· Experience with industrial robotics
· Experience with ASRS systems
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.