Building Maintenance Assistant
As a trained Building Maintenance Assistant, you will be responsible for following all safety procedures and practices to prevent accidents or injury. The ideal candidate will have a valid certification in operating heavy machinery and will be able to drive and operate the forklift in a variety of conditions and spaces. The Building Maintenance Assistant may also be responsible for moving large quantities of inventory and keeping track of their placement. Sort pallets as needed.
· Job Description
• Follow all health and safety procedure and regulations as dictated by the organization and the state
• Operate forklift with care and with awareness to people and environment around machine
• Ensure forklift is properly stored, fueled, cleaned, and ready to operate
• Perform maintenance on machine as needed
• Follow and update inventory activity, lists, records, and log all completed tasks
• Move pallets across facilities
• Stack and organize pallets in trailers
• Remove inventory from trucks or shipping and delivery to proper location
• Carry inventory for shipping to proper truck
• Move materials from facilities to workstations, pick-up locations, or other locations
• Make note and request any damaged parts or replacements needed
• Submit inventory records and log at close of day
• High school degree or equivalent, preferred
• license or certification to operate forklift, required
• Able to pass drug test/background check
• Two (2) years’ experience working with heavy machinery, forklifts, or other related equipment
• Physically able to stand, sit, move, squat, walk, and climb during the course of the shift
• Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds or more
• Able to work night, weekends, and holidays
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work independently
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.