At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts ® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
· Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
· Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownershipof getting things done.
· Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Your day to day
Provide turndown service and clean guest rooms and/or suites in a timely and thorough manner to ensure total guest satisfaction.
· Notify supervisor when service is complete so rooms may be sold or occupied. Report any room unable to be serviced to supervisor according to established procedures.
· Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
· Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
· Provide turndown service according to established brand or hotel standards and procedures such as turning down linens, closing drapes, refresh amenities, etc.
· Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash, etc. as needed. May include cleaning of kitchen area, coffee maker, cups, glasses, silverware, etc.
· Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
· Report, turn-in and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Some housekeeping experience and ability to speak English preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds
· Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
· Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
· Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling,
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
· Basic reading, writing, and math abilities are utilized often when reading room assignments, completing checklists, replacing room linens and amenities.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability, and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program . Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click 'Apply Online' and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabilities / Veterans.