At Crowne Plaza ® , we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
· Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
· Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
· Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
Your day to day
· Notify supervisor when service is complete so rooms may be sold or occupied. Report any room unable to be serviced to supervisor according to established procedures.
· Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
· Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
· Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
· Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
· Clean and service assigned rooms or areas according to established standards and procedures including making beds, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, removing trash, etc. May include cleaning of kitchen area, room refrigerator, coffee maker, cups, glasses, silverware, etc.
· May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
· May assist with other duties as assigned.
· May have turndown duties.
What we need from you
Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Some housekeeping experience and ability to speak English preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds
· Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
· Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
· Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling,
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
· Basic reading, writing, and math abilities are utilized often when reading room assignments, completing checklists, replacing room linens and amenities.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So, what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.