We’re all business, mostly.
At Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, life doesn’t stop when business begins. We want you to have it all — to boost your productivity, to energize your body and to feel inspired, helping you enhance your downtime and work time. Sometimes the monitor is as important as the meeting.
What’s the job?
This job is a sales professional with established sales goals, revised and presented annually by IHG.
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
Your day to day
Establish client base of individuals, organizations, associations, social, and/or corporate businesses through direct outside and inside selling to secure business for the hotel to ensure that room night sales and revenue goals are met or exceeded. Actively prospect and qualify new business.
· Negotiate guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and/or hotel services within approved booking guidelines. Accurately produce and/or review all sales contracts, rate agreements, and/or banquet/catering event orders.
· Achieve personal and team goals as assigned.
· May assist in developing and implementing sales plans. May also participate in the annual budgeting and planning process.
Work closely with other hotel departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients. Disseminate sales-related information to other departments as appropriate.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments.
Monitor and handle inquiry calls and provide client proposals in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures.
· Arrange and conduct special events, site inspections, and off-site presentations for potential clients. Entertain clients in accordance with established company and hotel policies and guidelines
· Attend and represent hotel at trade shows and conventions and/or participate in sales trips to key feeder markets.
· Follow up with clients regularly during and after departure to ensure satisfaction and secure future bookings.
· Interact with outside contacts:
· Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
· Airlines, wholesalers, corporate accounts, travel agencies, ad agencies, etc. – to ensure repeat business, follow up on events, and generate new business
· Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups)
Maintain client files and update information daily in accordance with established departmental policies and procedures. Produce monthly sales-related reports and sales forecasts for assigned area of responsibility.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Some College plus 1-2 years sales or marketing related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Related degree preferred. Prior hotel sales experience preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
· Ability to travel to attend workshops, tradeshows, conventions, etc.
· May require a valid Driver’s License.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
What we offer
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG hotels.
Each IHG® hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
· True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
· True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
· True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
· True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner.