As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Do you see yourself as a In Room Dining Server ? What's your passion? Whether you're into sewing, shopping or surfing, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. This role is responsible delivering room service food and beverage orders to guest rooms; also assist in the maintenance of room service area and equipment.
What we need from you
Basic reading, writing and math skills and food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Moving about the kitchen
· Handling food objects, products and utensils
· Bending, stooping, kneeling
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, cooks, and supervisor.
· Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
· Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.