As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
As a Housekeeping attendant you’ll work across all areas of our housekeeping operations including, but not limited to, Room Attendant, Public Areas, House-person, Laundry Attendant and Uniform Attendant. Responsibilities include:
· ensure our guest rooms, public areas and staff areas are always at their best
· provide an outstanding level of guest service - you'll be happy to help with guest requests and directions
· assist with sorting, washing and ironing hotel and guest linen
· maintain staff uniform stock and ensure all uniforms are cleaned and repaired to a high standard
· clean and service public areas
· make beds, clean, vacuum, dust and sanitize guest rooms and bathrooms
What we need from you
• You'll have a great attitude and take pride in your work
• You will be hardworking and able to do a physically demanding role.
• A high level of attention to detail.
• The ability to communicate and work effectively with the team.
• This role requires the successful applicant to have full availability and flexibility to work a rotating 7 day roster - including weekends & public holidays. We do not have any current vacancies for people who are only able to work weekends or after midday during the week.
What we offer
A supportive environment where you're recognised and rewarded for your achievements. You'll have access to hotel discounts worldwide and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You'll join a team passionate about delivering memorable experiences that make our guests feel special, making InterContinental Wellington a great place to work. But most importantly, we'll give you Room to be yourself.
If this sounds like the perfect move for you, apply online now! Get in touch and tell us how you could bring your passion and individual skills to IHG.