Do you see yourself as a Front Desk Agent Overnight at IHG Army Hotels Ft. Gordon?
What's your passion? Whether you're into reading, rowing a boat or trying a new recipe, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This role has the overall responsibility to assist in supervising the front desk function for a Front Desk Agent Overnight at our Fort Gordon, GA location.
At IHG Army Hotels, our mission is to provide great on-post hotel stay experiences to military personnel, families, as well as guests. We do this by providing convenient, reasonably priced hotels on 40 installations across the nation- many featuring brand-name hotels previously only offered off post.
Your day to day
Key job duties and responsibilities for the Front Desk Agent Overnight include:
· Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
· Register guests, issue room keys, provide information on hotel services and room location.
· Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
· Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/securing assigned bank.
· Complete and transmit daily accounting reports and prepare them for review by hotel management
· Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
· Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
· Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
What we need from you
Requirements include a High School diploma or equivalent, plus one year front desk/guest service experience. Experience with Opera PMS preferred but not required. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Handling objects, products and computer equipment
· Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
· Basic math skills are used frequently.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating and training abilities are often used.
· Required to work the overnight shift
· Ability to work other shifts, weekends, and/or holidays.
This position also requires you to be authorized to work in the United States and the ability to pass an NCIC III background check in order to gain access to the military installation.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.