This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Germantown, TN. Looking for F/T & P/T guest service representative. Must be flexible. Willing to work weekends.
Your day to day
The Guest Representative / Front Desk Agent is responsible for providing efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay.
He/She is expected to actively develop superior service skills in dealing with clients, guests and co workers.
· Follow and comply with all hotel rules, employment policies and guest service standards
· Complete orientation and job training within the first 30 days of employment. Follow your work schedule and perform any job assignment given to you by your Supervisors in any part of the hotel.
· Attend scheduled hotel meetings with proper notice given out at least two days in advance.
· Comply with all hotel safety, Lost & Found and Loss prevention policies and report any incident or situation that you witness at any time to your supervisors.
· Read, sign and comply with Employee handbook, safety and brand standard rules.
· Refrain from any unauthorized activities including harassment and tempering with hotel property and any other property than does not belong to you.
· Complete all duties associated with the operation of the front desk functions and including --
o Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests at check-in. Issue keys without calling out room numbers loud. Room numbers are written on the key jacket and shown to guests.
· Provide guests with detailed directions to their rooms and follow up with a courtesy call.
· Verify customers' credit and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
· Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually and using computers.
· Perform simple bookkeeping activities, such as balancing cash accounts and counting your drawer with your relief present and witnessing during shift change.
· Post all incidental charges to ledgers, prepare folios, collect payments at check-in / check-out.
· Maintain your bank balance as you received it and make change for guests. Make accurate and correct daily deposit according to your cashier rollout reports.
· Drop your deposit and leave your bank drawer with the full amount as when you received it.
· Review guest accounts and charges with guests during the check out process.
· Read the Log book and exchange information with co-workers during and at end of shift.
· Thank guests at check-out and make sure they are satisfied before they leave the premises.
· Complete your duties as required to serve guests and leave when your relief is on premises.
· Complete all front desk and SHIFT checklists as assigned to you by your Supervisor
· Refill the “Forget Something” amenities behind the front desk.
· Report front desk supply inventory shortages and replenish the business center supplies.
· Answer the telephone according to hotel standards, make and confirm reservations.
· Transmit, receive calls, take messages, date them and deliver them within 5 minutes.
· Answer inquiries pertaining to service, shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
· Deposit guests' valuables in hotel safes or safe-deposit boxes.
· Advise housekeeping staff when rooms have been vacated and are ready for cleaning.
· Advice housekeeping whenever room is found to be discrepant.
· Arrive 10 minutes before your start time and punch in at the time shown on your schedule.
· Clock out at the time you schedule indicates and leave premises within 10 minutes of that time.
· Contact housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
· Resolve guest disputes. Record complaints; refer them to Manager-On-Duty as necessary.
· Maintain your work area clean and free of clutter on desk counters and debris of the floors.
· Complete all management checklists and all other assignments given to you on time
Note: These duties are subject to change and may include additional duties not mentioned above.
What we need from you
We are seeking a person who has the desire to delight our guests with an outstanding experience while staying at our hotel. Qualified candidates will be willing to go above and beyond to exceed our customers' expectations.
What we offer
Competitive pay. Please apply. Pay discussed during interview.