At Holiday Inn Vanderbilt, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
· Create confidence – by being an expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
· Encourage success – by supporting and respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making them feel valued and important; and offering thoughtful choices to help them feel restored and balanced.
· Make it happen – by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
Your day to day
· Assist in monitoring and controlling labor costs and expenses, and achieving revenue and profitability goals.
· Assist in maintaining procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security. Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy.
· Assist in managing the day-to-day activities of the Front Office staff. Schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
· Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with Company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
· Ensure all staff is properly trained on systems, security and cash handling procedures, and service standards and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Accounting, Revenue Management, Sales and Marketing, Catering, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, and Maintenance.
· Interact with outside contacts:
· Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
· Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and emergency matters
· Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
· Ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition. Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Implement appropriate service recovery gestures in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
· Schedule and regularly conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand, and Company. Assist in creating and implementing action plans to correct deficiencies.
· Train appropriate staff on procedures for PBX to serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations.
· May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
· Perform other duties as assigned including assisting staff with their job functions during peak periods.
This job is the second in command in Front Office operations in a large full-service, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel with an extensive range of facilities and services. Typically supervises front desk agents, and/or bell-persons, door-persons, reservationists, concierge representatives, PBX, etc.
What we need from you
Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration or related field plus two years front office/guest services experience including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Frequently standing up behind the desk and front office areas
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
· Handling various objects
· Use a keyboard to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions and training
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So, what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.