Think of Iceland and you think of frozen food… And rightly so – it’s been the driving force behind our brand for 49 years. But did you know that we’re also the most innovative food retailer in the UK operating across chilled and ambient categories too, and the winner of multiple awards for our products, service and the way we treat our employees?
We are looking for a Supply Chain Planner to work within the Grocery department based at Iceland’s Head Office in Deeside
Purpose of Role :
To act as the owner for relevant product areas and suppliers; ensuring the successful delivery of the agreed KPI’s.
Escalation of supply issues likely to affect business trading performance.
To identify and implement opportunities to improve service and / or reduce costs.
· To achieve on-shelf customer availability = > target.
· To manage stock value / stock wastage within company targets.
· To manage Supplier base in terms of product availability and on time fulfilment of orders.
· To support the Supply Manager at all times.
· To follow best practice and to highlight areas of best practice that need reviewing.
· To develop and maintain close working relationships with Supply Planners.
· To communicate in a clear, concise and timely manner to all key contacts.
· To take appropriate and timely decisions that complement our customer’s requirements.
· To raise / generate ideas that will benefit the results of the team.
· Build and develop relationships with suppliers, internal and external colleagues.
Key Result Areas:
· Consistent and improving results in areas of responsibility.
· Positive contribution to team in both actions and words.
· To provide information / knowledge relating to areas of responsibility.
· To fully support Supply Manager in team deliverables.
· To maintain product status integrity on an ongoing and up to date basis.
· To develop ways of working with both internal and external colleagues.
Technical Skills :
· PC Literate with experience of Excel is essential, Word and Access to an advanced level.
· Experience of replenishment systems.
· Experience of warehouse systems.
· Experience of JDA replacement systems would be beneficial
· Substantial experience within Stock Management environment.
· Knowledge and experience of automated replenishment systems.
· Proven capability strengths.
· Strong positive behavioural characteristics.
· Results orientated.
· Customer focused.
· 12 months’ supply chain experience would be preferable.
Here at Iceland we offer a very competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package, 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday, 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount, a highly subsidised restaurant on site restaurant in our Head Office along with a subsidised costa.
If this sounds like you and you want to come and join the Iceland team then please apply directly and a member of the recruitment team will get back to you! This is a fantastic opportunity that doesn’t come up very often at Iceland!