IBM China Systems Lab is seeking outstanding campus hire to join the System z Software Development organization responsible for design, code development and test of System z software products. z/OSMF(z/OS Management Facility) is a new product for z/OS that delivers support for a modern, Web-browser based management console for z/OS.
- Follow Software Development process regarding all related activities including Design, Code, Implementation, Unit Test, Function Test and Documentation
- Implement high and low level designs
- Code and implement specific components with full ownership
- Ensure that the implemented components are unit tested and ready to be integrated into the product
- Develop function test plans and test variations
- Create and execute automated function test cases to validate function being delivered
- Provide fixes to defects identified by the verification team during the software development life cycle
- Identify and implement product requirements & improvements.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0030) IBM (China) Investment Company Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2-year Web-based application development and test skills
- UI Design experience
- Agile development knowledge
- Application analytical/ debug skills
- Problem solving: analytical ability and creativity in using existing techniques to analyze and implement basic software solutions
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.