* Monitoring and 2nd-level support of: Ms Windows servers (core OS and additional roles/functions [file, print, DC, IIS etc.]) and Hyper-V clusters, Exchange systems, MsSQL servers, Citrix terminal servers, Ms Sharepoint and Skype4Business and SCCM servers etc.
* Resolve server OS and other enterprise Microsoft product related errors (no enduser-workstation support is in scope nor MsOffice support)
* Support HW providers to fix physical defects
* Actively take part in the solution of user-administration and authorization related issues
* Provide solution to file-system, backup, restore and recovery related incidents
* Execute planned and ad-hoc maintenance activities (e.g. regular system patching or emergency system fixes)
* Collaborate with other technical teams (network, security, linux-unix-middleware, SAP and DB, aviation related application operation teams) to resolve minor and major outages where Ms systems are also part of the environment
The ideal candidate
* Has good communication skills
* Has a positive, team oriented attitude
* Shows motivation and enthusiasm to gain expertise in the Microsoft operation field
* Takes responsibility for his/her own work
What we offer
· Attractive compensation package with competitive base salary and benefits
· High-quality trainings and opportunities to acquire official professional certificates
· Long-term career development opportunities within IBM, including over 170 countries
· Employment for an indefinite period within a company with a powerful reputation for success, which is focused on innovation, growth and future technologies
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0386) IBM Data Storage Systems Information Technology LLC
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Reasonably extensive knowledge and/or related work experience in the Microsoft operation field
* Being familiar with Microsoft sever products (for example Windows 2012, 2016 and 2019 Server, Active Directory)
* Ability and willingness to work in 24/7 shifts (12 hours)
* Intermediate level of English language knowledge (spoken and written)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
* MCSA/MCSE certification of Microsoft Products is an advantage
* Good knowledge regarding multiple of the following: Ms Hyper-V failover clustering, Ms Exchange server, MsSQL server, Ms Sharepoint server, Ms Skype4Business server, Ms DPM, Citrix environments and solutions
* ITIL v3 foundation knowledge and work experience in an enterprise operation team with ITIL based processes
* German and Hungarian language skills
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it's important they are
running at their best. As a System Engineer you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it's our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production we are seeking skilled system
management professions ready for the challenge.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.