The SOC Threat Response Analyst role is part of the SOC. Candidates in this role will be responsible for conducting incident response operations according to documented procedures and industry best practices. Candidate in the role must have excellent communication skills ; able to interact with executive levels throughout the company. Must have extensive experiences in multiple security areas such as SIEM, IDS, APT and WAF.
Job requirements :
· Provide incident investigation as per Security incident Management process/ Guidelines.
· Drives containment strategy during data loss or breach events
· Triage and resolve advanced vector attacks such as a botnets and advanced persistent threats ( APTs)
· Malware outbreak incident handling and remediation
· Co-ordinate with IT, security operations and other teams for remediation and trigger forensics process as appropriate
· Perform Root cause analysis ( RCA) for the incidents and update the knowledge management.
· Works directly with data asset owner and business response plan owners during high severity incidents
· Tuning of IDS, proxy policy, in-line malware tools based on threat feeds, trust and reputation data, incidents, or vulnerabilities and exploits of downstream systems.
· Provide tuning recommendations to administrators based on findings during investigations or threat information reviews.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
KRUNG THEP MAHA NAKHON
Primary job category
(0411) IBM Thailand Company Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Knowledge of network security zones, firewalls configuration , IDS policies
· Knowledge of system communications, Middleware and Application administration
· Experiences with network and network security tools administration
· Knowledge of log formats and ability to aggregate and parse log data for syslog, http logs, DB logs for investigation purposes.
· In-depth experience with log search tools and SIEM tools such as Splunk, Arcsight, Mcafee usage of regular expression and natural language queries
· In-depth knowledge of packet capture and analysis
· Experience with Security Assessment tools ( NMAP, Nessus, Metasploit, Netcat )
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Intrusion Detection in depth - SEC503 ( GCIA Certification ) or equivalent
· Hacker techniques, Exploits & Incident handling - SEC504 ( optional GCIH ) or equivalent
· GIAC Continuous Monitoring ( optional GMON Certification ) or equivalent
· Advanced digital forensics and incident response - For 508 ( optional GCFA ) or equivalent.
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Referral Promo Code
We have an excellent opportunity for a Threat Response Analyst to support strategic clients across the region to drive strategy around various security consulting initiatives. This is an opportunity to work with IBM Security Services team that is operating on the cutting-edge of information security
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities –where you can truly discover your passion. Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust –where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things younever thought possible.Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.