Who you are:
· As Test Specialist, you will be responsible for testing performance, load, scalability / capacity, networks and infrastructure
· You will be involved in the planning, design, management, execution, and reporting of tests using appropriate testing tools and techniques.
· Responsible to administer and manage the complete Delivery with support Skills Performance and Capacity Management.
· Contribute to knowledge management within our Technology Consulting practice
What you'll do:
· Examine and evaluate performance criteria and standards compliance to ensure that new and amended systems, together with any interfaces, perform as specified.
· Plan, develop and communicate the test design during test specification development with focus on both the functional and non-functional requirements for testability against the technical acceptance criteria and quality metrics.
· Work with the Test Architect to define the test automation framework, methods and tools to uncover performance issues.
· Utilize performance tools, analyzing results, resolving performance related issues, including optimization and tuning.
· Perform the role of a Specialists who primarily apply their technical skills in an internal or external client billable services and implementation environment
· Excite and motivate fellow practitioners and set them up for success in completing their scope of work
How we'll help you grow:
· You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses that will help you
· You'll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
· You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to identify what really excites you
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Minimum 3- 7 years of experience in Performance Testing
· Expertise with industry standard Load testing tools such as HP Load Runner, Performance Centre, Jmeter and SoapUI, and IBM Rational Performance Tester
· Proven knowledge of Testing manual/functional testing processes, methodology, defect management and defect life cycle.
· Experience in developing the VuGen scripts, debugging, resolving the issues and usage of monitoring tools like DynaTrace,App dymamics and VMstats.
· Performance tuning experience with Web and Application Servers in Windows and UNIX environment
· Demonstrated ability in profiling and performance analysis expertise with a track record of optimization
· Proven ability in HTTP, HTTPS, and TCP/IP performance considerations
· Experience with N-tiered web application architecture (web, app, database)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Understanding, measuring and tuning of n-tier applications in clustered environments
· Preparing Performance Test Strategy is added advantage
· Experience in Operational readiness testing, CPU, physical Memory, and disk usage analysis
· Quickly learn new concepts and software as necessary.
· Proven communication skills
· You are a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible teammate.
· Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation and standard methodologies
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM'ers and our clients.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.