We are currently looking for SAP S/4HANA Retail Solution Architect with focus on Consumer Industries and Retail who will facilitate the implementation and support of S/4 HANA Retail solutions to enhance the clients' business functionality and overall performance, whilst maintaining highest degree of client satisfaction.
The focus of an SAP Retail Architect is in the planning and design phases of an implementation of an SAP business application suite. You may also be leveraged on strategic corporate initiatives such as business process improvement initiatives, establishing internal centers of expertise or developing ongoing architectural governance processes. The engagement model of an Architect is not strictly limited to the planning/design phases, but may also span the build and operations phases to ensure proper implementation and operationalization of the business solutions.
An Architect will assist clients in achieving their Digital Transformation vision and business capability from their SAP and other IT investments. Our vision is to drive business value and ultimately successful outcomes by helping our customers understand how best to leverage, implement and sustain SAP solutions for the industries in which they operate.
This is a key leadership role, requiring deep knowledge and understanding of SAP technical & functional capabilities as well as business processes and consumer (CPG and Retail) industry best practices. The consultant provides comprehensive advice to our customers on long-term (Big Picture) and short-term (Quick-win) perspectives on their key strategic imperatives and recommends innovations which anticipate the future directions of both business and IT stakeholders. Excellent facilitation and communication skills are essential as is engaging with executive stakeholders, partners and SAP account teams.
Retail Business Process Architects evaluate customer requirements, map them to business processes, functional and solution architectures and ensure a proper implementation from a solution architecture point of view. For this the following is expected:
* Design detailed end-to-end industry-specific / corporate customer to-be processes
* Identify the appropriate end-to-end solution portfolio options and recommendations
* Identify solution gaps and develop gap closure options
* Design the end-to-end functional landscape and solution design, including the functional integration points, applicable standards and governance
* Exhibits Customer satisfaction, tangible contribution to project success
* Acts as advisor for IBM at customers
* Exhibits clear alignment and cooperation across Client and IBM teams
* Self-motivated, able to work without constant direction and committed to the outcomes
* Strong communication and facilitation skills
* Contributes to an internal IBM SAP community;
* Enhances Knowledge Management (KM) Practice efforts along Practice Lifecycle including mentoring and coaching
* Based on the client's scope, requirements and business strategy, the Architect is expected to review client as-is processes and create the target operating model and the high-level to-be process model and esign detailed industry-specific / corporate customer to-be processes and the high level solution design based on process requirements, application and system landscape.
* Largely independently execute assignments and deliverables
* Acts as Trusted advisor for the larger implementation team
* Defines the standard for communication and customer interactions by positive example
Work and Industry experience:
* Experience in process implementation
* Proficient in discussing and implementing of at least two end-to-end business processes
* Deep understanding of general business processes within Retail/Food/Fashion Industry
* Solid understanding of SAP's solution and service offerings including packaged solutions, RDS, FBS, pre-defined services and starter packs, including the available functionality, business value, implementation effort and compatibility/integration with standard functionality
* Understanding of at least one Industry and/or LoB function domain, familiar with the Retail industry trends and business strategies and models, Retail industry specific business processes, challenges, business drivers/pain points and related best-practice solution architectures
* Leveraged knowledge of business domain during problem definition, solution architecture and design, implementation and user adoption phases of projects and can communicate this to client
* Practical experience in functional integration and cross-solution issues
* Practical experience with Business Process Management
* Understanding of information requirements, information flows and information usage within various business operations
* Understands and can apply methods of process and solution architecture modeling based on SAP and non-SAP solutions in Retail industry
* Has moderated between Client and IBM, Business and IT
* Experience with SAP S/4HANA, Fashion Management Solution, SAP Fiori, SAP Activate Methodology, Agile Methodology and ABAP development/debugging a plus.
* Experience with SAP Customer Activity Repository (POS DTA, OAA, OPP, DDF, DDF).
* Experience with SAP CAR Merchandise and Assortment Planning is a plus
* Experience with C/4HANA application suite is a plus
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Bachelor, Masters or equivalent degree or equivalent work experience
* Solution Certification desired
* SAP project experience through a Consulting firm or as independent consultant
* Profound knowledge of Retail Business Processes
* Profound knowledge of SAP Offerings and Technology
* Knowledge and Hands-On experience with regards to Retail Industry modules
* Experienced using business orientated software and technical aptitude
* Excellent analytical, results-driven and solution-oriented approach
* Ability to work with larger teams and strong written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
* Strong listening skills along with conflict management skills to solve problems from all parties, outlining the pros and cons and challenges to audience to make a collective decision to resolve an issue
* Capability of leading meetings and in getting the audience to interact
* Ability to travel up to 80%
Secondary Job Category
∙ English : Fluent
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.