You will be given significant autonomy and flexibility, and are expected to deliver meaningful impact to our business, customers, and the field.
· Intended degree: PhD in Physics, Computer Science, or related fields, with a focus on quantum computation, quantum information, or quantum physics
· Job responsibilities:
· Collaborate with IBM Researchers to drive fundamental knowledge of quantum computing applications and algorithms in industry domains such as finance, optimization, machine learning, and chemistry.
· Work closely with industry research partners in the IBM Q Network to: identify problems that show promise for quantum advantage, engage in joint research to develop proof-of-concept implementations of quantum solutions, and develop software implementing these solutions
· Provide technical subject-matter expertise and information to the broader IBM Q team as they engage commercial entities, academic groups, and/or startups
· Candidate attributes:
· Ability to creatively tackle complex problems
· Ability to articulate complex concepts to diverse audiences
· Highly organized with exceptional follow-up skills
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Experience using Python
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience using git and GitHub
· Exposure to the Qiskit quantum programming stack
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Join an elite team driving research and development of the industry's most advanced quantum computing hardware and software and helping our clients research quantum computing solutions to their most pressing business challenges.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio is designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.