Who you are:
Software Engineers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software engineers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software engineering is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
What you will do:
The Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring the end-to-end quality of the software service, working with internal team members to define, document, create and execute on quality policy, processes, procedures, code, tools, and reporting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Actively participate in business requirements definition and design reviews
• Define end-to-end testing scenarios
• Create and automate all testing code, allowing for the continuous deployment of new function
• Execute on load testing, performance testing, integration testing, post-production testing.
• Ensure test coverage, including that testing adequately covers APIs and user interfaces, including mobile and responsive design.
• Record test results.
• Maintain test tools. Ensure tools are available to squads for unit testing.
• Analyze, document, and report issues.
• Establish quality metrics.
• Enhance QA/Testing methodology.
• Audit unit testing and performance testing done by individual teams.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 5-10yrs of experience with cloud-native applications
· Knowledge of microservices architecture
· Knowledge of DevOps concepts and methodologies
· Experience with agile methods, iterative development and continuous integration
· Demonstrated track record of success in quality assurance and testing
· Experienced in System, Performance, Unit, Functional, Regression, and Integration Testing
· Demonstrated effective interpersonal ability to collaborate with technical teams, delivery managers, project management, client management and customer stakeholders
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science or related) or equivalent experience
· Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift and container development paradigms
· Knowledge of the IBM Cloud offering and marketplace ecosystem
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The IBM Digital Business Group is missioned with providing all consumers with an exceptional digital experience by making cloud and cognitive solutions available to all businesses. The group is responsible for designing and building world-class digital platforms and offerings that enable innovation and simplicity through modern digital technologies.
To that end, the DBG is responsible for positioning our products and offerings; transforming the experience our clients have with IBM; and streamlining our platforms, so they are simple, easy-to-use, and delightful. We'll accomplish this in part by being accessible and open. The DBG will support the end-to-end client journey, expand IBM's reach beyond our conventional, large institutional client base, and focus on the startup and developer communities. The DBG's winning aspiration is to "Unleash IBM to Empower the World," by:
Executing intelligent demand generation programs rooted in technology
Delighting customers with a world-class digital experience across our platforms
Providing access to digital experts trained to help clients consumer digital solutions
Making "believers out of buyers" and creating communications that evangelize IBM
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.