As an Product Catalog Content Designer on the engineering team, your responsibilities will include:
· Collaborating with IBM & 3rd party product teams to successfully on-board offerings to the IBM Marketplace catalog and platform.
· You will design content and provide consultancy to the product teams on offering collateral and marketing material, to create and communicate meaning throughout the product or service experiences for partners and customers.
· You will help them understand the value of IBM solutions with clarity and consistency and guide them through the required steps to achieve their goals.
· This includes building Marketplace offerings that catch customers' attention and help drive trial and purchase of the offerings.
· On a day to day basis your focus will be on bridging the gap between the external vendor teams and the IBM Marketplace teams.
· You will provide expertise and support between the product teams and the various IBM organizations supporting and delivering IBM Marketplace.
· This role will require strong communication, vendor management, problem solving and time management skills to handle these complex situations effectively.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
The following technical and professional expertise is required:
· Developing subject matter expertise to create or enhance content.
· Creating content that drives user actions.
· Designing and formatting content into viable, feasible, and desirable solutions.
· Writing, curating, and editing content for accuracy, clarity, and usability.
· Simplifying complex content for users.
· Defining and applying consistent voice and tone throughout content journey.
· Defining content goals and journeys based on user or customer goals.
· Experience with agile methods, iterative development and continuous integration.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
The following technical and professional expertise is preferred and will greatly enhance your success on the team:
· Experience with Marketplace concepts, development/testing of components like product pages, marketing content, commerce, subscription management and provisioning, auto provisioning related configurations, customizations and development.
· Knowledge of the Cloud offering and marketplace ecosystems.
· Experience with web/marketing content a plus.
· Experience working directly with customers or partners, providing technical support or technical guidance.
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
The IBM Cognitive Applications team is seeking innovative and enthusiastic professionals to join our team building the next generation multi-cloud marketplace platform. If you love working with customers on cutting edge technologies, dynamic and high performing teams, then this is the right next step in advancing your career. Our focus on delivering performance and predictability for our customers' most demanding workloads, at global scale and with leadership, efficiency, resiliency and security is the cornerstone of our development model and will result in maintaining IBM's leadership position for years to come.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At IBM Cognitive Applications, we build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM's unique Hybrid, Multi-cloud and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring our technology to life for end users. Cognitive Applications unit includes: Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, Digital Growth & Commerce, and IBM Developer teams.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.