Real Estate Strategy and Operations (RESO) is the IBM function responsible for defining and implementing real estate policies and strategy, program delivery in services in the areas of property, real estate projects, facilities management.
RESO should deliver a top-quartile location footprint. RESO partners IBM Businesses to develop business and regional portfolio property portfolio plans and to manage the complex program of consolidation, co-location, and conformance to IBM workplace design standards.
RESO manages 1,400 locations comprising 78 million square feet of office, data center, manufacturing, development and lab space throughout the Group supporting 380,000+ FTEs.
RESO also manages the category strategies and all major contracts for all third-party spend in these areas.
Position Description –
To lead the development and execution of real estate portfolio planning activities across the IBM property portfolio for a defined geography.
Position Description –
· Leads the planning and implementation of portfolio planning activity for a designated geography, projects or Business.
· Works with the Customer Relationship Manager(s), the Senior Portfolio Planner, and other Geography leaders to define and prioritize portfolio planning activity.
· Works and collaborates as part of the RESO Strategy & Implementation COE to develop, deliver and sign-off all portfolio planning activity for a given geography.
· Engages Businesses to ensure that all necessary portfolio information is available to facilitate portfolio planning activity.
· Manages and carries out portfolio planning work in accordance with RESO processes and standards.
· Undertakes and/or manages the portfolio analysis required in delivering portfolio plans.
· Actively project manages a number of portfolio planning activities across the geography to ensure delivery on time and to budget.
· Contributes to the development of Functional Excellence and best practice in the area of strategic portfolio planning through an understanding of the subject, working with leaders in the Real Estate industry and other corporates to develop and maintain top quartile positioning for the IBM Group.
· Supports the development of innovative contracting strategies to ensure the timely and effective deployment of services and functional leadership in strategic portfolio planning, structure planning and initial concept design.
· Supports the development and continuous improvement of the RESO Strategy & Implementation strategy processes.
Position Description –
IBM Group real estate portfolio represents one of the world's largest operational real estate portfolios. This role will directly influence defined business share of portfolio value, asset base (net book value), Operating and Capital Expenditures (includes major projects), planned investment / acquisition activity, and planned divestment activity.
Position Description –
IBM Group has approximately 78 Million square feet of real estate globally dispersed to support Business activity. Value is created for IBM in advance planning of the real estate needs and project risk is reduced. Real Estate needs to be aligned with the Businesses (including business development and project development teams) to ensure needs are met, costs are controlled
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(1354) IBM Innovation Services Pte Ltd
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Degree level educational background. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, and/or Urban Planning required. Master of Business Administration desirable.
· Recognized real estate qualifications essential.
· Knowledge and experience of understanding and managing the execution of portfolio planning activity.
· Understanding of the risks and opportunities of holding and operating a real estate portfolio.
· Portfolio analysis or planning experience desirable.
· Experience of enterprise-centered approach.
· Well-developed engagement and relationship skills.
Approximately 25% to 35%
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Problem solver, ability to act as a change agent by thinking outside of the box and innovate
· Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and team-building skills, proven track record of delivering great employee experiences.
· Excellent oral & written communication and presentation skills, ability to present a clear analysis of complex financial and organizational information to executives.
· Detail-oriented, ability to manage multiple, complex projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Secondary Job Category
Other General Management
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems
Your Life @ IBM
Your Life @ IBM :
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries