- Administration/planning of Linux and Solaris servers.
- Creating and managing country mirror for CentOs and Ubuntu
- Implementation /Administration of Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Working on Infrastructure as Code using puppet and Ansible
- Implemented/Planning of Red Hat Identity management (IDM) for Linux-AD authentication and authorization.
- Implementation of AIDE (Host based intrusion detection) for Solaris/Linux Web Servers.
- Live Website statistics dashboard created for Zain Web Team to monitor webserver statistics.
- Implementation of Cacti, Network Monitoring tool with SNMP and SSH checks for Solaris hosts.
- Handling Zain main website backed which is combination of Solaris and Linux serves.
- Regular patch planning for Linux servers based on Red Hat Errata.
- Implementation / Administration Ansible and Red Hat Ansible Tower (Awx)
- Implemented Foreman environment for provisioning and configuration, orchestration and monitoring for development systems
- Implementation if Red Hat Insights and remediation playbook execution
- Implementation and management of cockpit multi server infrastructure
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Technical Support Representative
State / Province
Primary job category
Fixed Term - Long Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Operating Systems: Red Hat(Any Linux), Solaris 10/11 , AIX , SUSE ,Win 2008/2012 R2
- Virtualization: VMware, Xen, KVM, RHEV/Ovirt, Openvz/LXC, Hyper-V 2012 & Solaris Zones
- Web/Hosting Technologies: Zpanel, kloxo, Sentora ,Apache/Nginx, Tomcat
- Virtual Desktop: Sunray Server, XenDesktop & LTSP
- Clustering: Redhat Cluster Suite (HA), HPC:- IBM Platform computing, Intel/Scala MPI, Platform MPI & Sun Grid engine
- Storage: IBM Ds-30xx to ds-50xx, EMC VNX & Infortrend
- Backup Tools: Netbackup, backup exec & Veem
- Databases: MYSQL, Oracle & MSSQL
- Network Services: NFS, NIS, DNS, SAMBA, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, FTP/SFTP
- Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Munin, Ganglia, Icinga, Cacti, SarGraph, Ops Center
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Intrusion Detection System: Snort , Suricata and OSSEC (Host based IDS)
- Hardware Experience: SPARC M-Series Mid-range / T-Series Servers, Dell Poweredge, Cisco UCS , IBM Blade Central
- Network and application Security: Acunetix, Nessus, Metasploit, SQL map, Burpsuite
- System Automation: Puppet , Ansible
Secondary Job Category
Other Product Services
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
A Technical Support Representatives at IBM is a front-line position supporting our products and making sure they are at their best for our customers. With over 100 years in technology, IBM has built a strong reputation of quality service and this role ensures we continue to deliver on that promise. If you enjoy helping people with technical issue, you'll love your career at IBM.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.