- Design ,Sizing and implementing new projects on VMware
- Managing VMware vSphere environments with all versions 5 till 6.7
- Managing Microsoft windows servers and Hyper V
- Managing RedHat KVM environments
- Managing Red hat ,CentOS and Ubuntu servers
- Implementing from scratch Linux and Windows servers from scratch on the virtual environments
- Implementing from scratch Linux and Windows servers from scratch on Physical environments
- Doing Hardening and patching for Microsoft servers
- Doing Hardening and patching for All Linux distributions servers
- Server Hardware and software maintenance and decommissioning tasks
- Create automation paly books by ansible
- Work with vendors regarding Hardware and software implementation and maintenance support
- Monitoring VMware virtual environments with different tools ( rvtools,vcenter,vROPS,SRM )
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Technical Support Representative
State / Province
Primary job category
Fixed Term - Long Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- VMware vSphere 5 Troubleshooting by VMware
- SDN (VMware NSX)
- VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager: Install, Configure, manage [V5.1]
- VMware Cloud suite Storage Resource Management for storage administrators
- EMC Information Storage Management
- Kubernetes and Containers technologies
- Linux Red Hat Administration
- Hyper Converged Infrastructure
- San storage and Cisco UCS & HP
- ITIL service management
- Ansible and yaml configuration management
- DEVOPS for Infrastructure
- UCS and HP servers
- Microsoft windows server and Active Directory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- VMWare vExpert 2017, 2018,2019
- VMware Certified Professional 6 Data Center Virtualization (VCP 6 )
- Redhat Certified System Administrator ( RHCSA )
- Information Storage Associate Version 3 (EMCISA )
- VCE Certified Converged Infrastructure Associate ( VCE CIA )
- VMware Certified Professional 5 Cloud License VCP 5
- VMware vSphere 5.0 Install, Configure and Manage Online Live December 2013
- VMware Sales Professional 5 (VSP 5 )
- VMware Certified Professional 5 Data Center Virtualization
- VMware Technical Sales Professional 5 ( VTSP 5 )
- ITIL Foundation in IT Service Management
Secondary Job Category
Other Product Services
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
A Technical Support Representatives at IBM is a front-line position supporting our products and making sure they are at their best for our customers. With over 100 years in technology, IBM has built a strong reputation of quality service and this role ensures we continue to deliver on that promise. If you enjoy helping people with technical issue, you'll love your career at IBM.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.