- TABS application servers/OID (LDAP) maintenance and support for historical data access to application team.
- Install, configure and administration of Oracle DB's BSCS, ODS1, COLLPRD, STRSPRD, BIOM, INFRAOIM, HIST
- Troubleshoot Billing/IXC collection application issue with DB connection, inactive sessions and deployment tasks as per new changes
- Monitor and troubleshoot Oracle GoldenGate for real time replication. Add new tables to extract, pump and replication with initial load to sync the data (ODS).
- BSCS, ODS1, BIOM, STRSPRD perform space/user management.
- Cleanup and archiving of data for BSCS, ODS1, COLLPRD, STRSPRD, BIOM, TABS as per the pre-requisite
- Defragmentation of table and rebuilding indexes to accumulate space and performance.
- Add SQL and PL/SQL programs in shell scripting to perform daily activity from server side.
- Daily monitoring of backups for DB and archive logs for BSCS, ODS1, COLLPRD, STRSPRD, BIOM
- Create cronjob and jobs scheduler for monitoring, administration, statistics gathering and backup scripts.
- Implement and enforce security for all the Oracle Databases as per customer request.
- Data extraction and load it to different target as per integration (external tables and expdp/impdp).
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Technical Support Representative
State / Province
Primary job category
Fixed Term - Long Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Oracle RDBMS database 7, 8, 9i, 10g,11g,12c.
- Oracle Real Application Cluster.
- Oracle Application Server,
- Oracle Identity Manager
- Oracle Golden Gate.
- Oracle Data Guard .
- Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Shell scripting.
- Operating system includes Solaris SPARC, Oracle Linux and Windows
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Other Product Services
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
A Technical Support Representatives at IBM is a front-line position supporting our products and making sure they are at their best for our customers. With over 100 years in technology, IBM has built a strong reputation of quality service and this role ensures we continue to deliver on that promise. If you enjoy helping people with technical issue, you'll love your career at IBM.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.