• Learn the end to end TSS/IBM processes necessary to successfully navigate a hardware opportunity through the entire opportunity lifecycle.
• Identify process problems and inefficiencies including the root cause and recommend solutions.
• Have or attain knowledge of the manufacturers and their products as well as the IT resources such as websites and policy documents that are made available to IBM.
• Receive opportunities and drive them through the entire hardware resale process including pricing, proposal development, contracting, contract administration, billing and purchase orders.
o Utilize pricing tools and contacts
o Engage STS tools as appropriate
o Engage procurement and tools as appropriate
o Use Cisco's CCW tool
o Use CSCC quoting tool
o Do the same for all new TSS hardware resell partners
• Identify opportunities that fall outside the norm and seek assistance from the program manager and network architect as needed to address them.
• Establish and build cross functional relationships in the IOTs that lead to more effective and efficient opportunity management.
• Communicate and educate field teams in all aspects of the TSS hardware resale program when called upon to do so.
• Track and document opportunity successes and failures.
• Look for trends in the marketplace and as part of the larger TSS global team recommend strategies and tactics to align TSS with and take advantage of those trends. Examples - End of Service solutions, support services differentiators, potential new alliances, etc.
• Understand the accounting indicators of gross vs net hardware revenue
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Technical Support Representative
State / Province
Primary job category
(0023) IBM Bulgaria Ltd.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Education & Professional experience:
· Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Computer science or similar technical field.
· At least 1 year of experience in a Customer support role.
Skills and competencies:
• Excellent command of spoken and written English (B2-C1 level).
• Excellent communication & soft skills.
• Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and web navigation.
• Customer-first mindset with high sense of ownership.
• Ability to quickly learn and absorb new concepts, terms, and vocabulary.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
'Knowledge of TSS MVS Alliances business
Secondary Job Category
Other Product Services
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
A Product fulfilment specialist at IBM is a front-line position supporting our products and making sure they are at their best for our customers. With over 100 years in technology, IBM has built a strong reputation of quality service and this role ensures we continue to deliver on that promise. If you enjoy helping people with technical issue, you'll love your career at IBM.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.