IBM Client Innovation Center Wroclaw & Katowice is now hiring experienced mainframe professionals!
Experience new and diverse professional challenges. Take your career further with IBM's Client Innovation Center in Wroclaw & Katowice. Be part of a multicultural team that helps our clients to transform how their IT services are delivered. You will discover a friendly team-focused environment: an inspiring workplace that provides an open and collaborative culture. Enjoy varied and challenging work - and grow your expertise through training and career development tailored to you. Shape your future by joining a global team that has driven client success for more than 100 years. Mainframe z/OS System Programmer maintain, install, document and customize the mainframe operating system and installed software.
· Provide technical support for customer. Own and action requests for service,
· implementing changes and resolving assigned problems (may involve some after hours and weekend work).
· Provide 24x7 after hours on-call support as required for products supported by the team
· Personal compliance and ownership on security, audit and systems integrity posture
· Highlight areas for improvement in current processes, and implement improvements
· Senior experience in Mainframe (z/OS)
· Candidate must have good written and verbal skills in English
· Ability to take the lead in problem solving and coordination of multi-disciplinary groups
· Candidate should be self-organized, eager to learn with strong sense of analysis & troubleshooting skills
· This is a technical role which also requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Experience in support and deployment of z/OS Operating System, is desired.
· Trainings and certifications
· Private medical package and insurance package
· Multisport Card
· Working on international projects in multicultural teams
· Good to be an IBMer discounts
· Cinema & trips for IBMers
· Language classes
· Summer camps for children
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(1065) IBM Global Services Delivery Centre Polska Sp. z.o.o
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Fully understand z/OS services structure, JES2 concept, Parallel Sysplex
· PARMLIB and JES2 customization/configuration
· Practical JCL, REXX and CLIST knowledge
· Practical SMP/E knowledge
· Knowledge of IBM DS8K (DS8800, DS8870), IBM V7000, IBM TS7720, IBM TS3310
· Brocade DCX8510-4 (In Cascaded FICON environment)
· DFSMS, DFSMSrmm, DFSMShsm, Catalog management
· z/OS HW, IODF and matrix knowledge
· Basic RACF knowledge
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· NetView/System Automation knowledge
· GDPS PPRC knowledge
· Practical HLASM knowledge
· VTAM/TCPIP knowlege
· Knowledge of printing system on mainframe
· French language skills are welcome
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.