We believe businesses need to change.
They need to Digitally Reinvent , and they can't do this on their own.
We are the catalyst for change.
We are a team of Renegades and Realists who work at the intersection of strategy, creative and technology to design and build user-centric experiences . We work with clients who have a transformation agenda and regional remit. Tapping the best of IBM, our multi-disciplinary teams with deep expertise in Agile delivery, we prioritize insights over guesswork, nimbleness over rigid roadmaps and working deliverables over paper.
The Position: UX/UI Design Intern
We are looking for exceptional interns to join our Design Practice in Singapore. Interns are treated like full time employees in the IBM Studios and work on active programs with project teams. The internships are paid and run for approximately 3 months.
For an application to be considered, please submit the following documents:
· Cover Letter
· Portfolio (at least 3 pieces of work)
Design Interns create compelling, original designs for interactive platforms made up of functional User Experience and delightful User Interfaces as outputs. The work range from websites to mobile applications to services delivered within a digitally enabled physical space. They are skilled craftspeople, utilizing a breadth of design tools in to define meaningful experiences in all touchpoints. Design Interns work with UX designers, UI designers, User researchers, technologists, business analysts and strategists to translate user needs, business requirements, and technical capabilities into designs that are visually exciting, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
· Participate in product ideation and conceptual development.
· Create UX/UI designs that effectively communicate product function and brand identity, including the design and production of screen layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, and icons.
· Produce design specifications, storyboards, scenarios, and design prototypes.
· Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale, both verbally and visually.
· Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes design leads, other designers, project management, strategists, analysts and developers in all phases of the project. You Are
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
· Currently enrolled in, or graduate of a relevant design program (undergraduate or diploma).
· Growth mindset. Willing to work hard to achieve the best possible outcome.
· Strong and flexible skills in experience design, visual design, interaction design.
· Experience with design research is a plus.
· Experience with hand illustration (any medium), video production, visual note-taking is a plus.
· Passion for user-centered interface design.
· Comfortable with design software for wireframing and prototyping (Sketch, InVision, Axure, etc).
· Proficiency with design such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
· A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level.
· Strong communication and time management skills.
· Detail oriented.
· Must be able to work both on a team and independently.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(8340) IBM Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please refer to job description.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Please refer to job description.
Secondary Job Category
Please refer to job description.
Early Professional Track
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.