The IBM Cloud Infrastructure Team works on the heart of the IBM Cloud. Our Compute Operations team is responsible for all project management functions related to operations initiatives and projects. This position provides a single point of accountability for all aspects of assigned projects and supports the development teams they are assigned to within the organization. The Operations Project Manager maintains focus on process improvement, completing assigned initiatives with internal and external teams while simultaneously managing delivery of multiple infrastructure related projects and initiatives. Come join our exciting, dynamic and empowered team and help us deliver the next-generation of cloud infrastructure!
· Supervise a large team of systems administrators in multiple international locations.
· Establish and enforce best practices for a diverse set of IT tasks.
· Maintain and expand function of a very large Linux, FreeBSD, XenServer, and Netscaler systems fleet.
· Manage a team that develops centralized configuration code and tools.
· Support development teams from within and outside the organization in making use of core infrastructure.
· Configure switches and load balancers for core internal rows.
· Coordinate with datacenter operations personnel for hardware turn-ups and turn-downs.
· Continually improve systems and processes with regard to automation and monitoring. Manage 24x7 on-call rotation.
· Provide technical direction to operations team.
· Personally lead and direct troubleshooting during problem resolution on live customer issues.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 5+ years' experience with people management including experience with HR systems, hiring / firing, contractors, managing leads or other managers.
· Experience running multiple teams or squads simultaneously.
· Experience managing technical employees and projects, project management experience or training a plus.
· Understanding of and experience with software development lifecycle.
· Strong, deep knowledge of Linux and/or FreeBSD computer operating systems.
· Very solid understanding of IP networking concepts.
· Intermediate to advanced programming and scripting abilities in multiple languages, which must include the bourne shell.
· Experience configuring routing and switching hardware.
· 1+ years' experience developing centralized configuration code (Chef based).
· 3+ years' experience as a UNIX systems administrator.
· Experience with common infrastructure components: bastion hosts, access controls, load balancers, multi-node high availability, certificate management.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· 6+ years' experience as a UNIX systems administrator.
· 3+ years' experience developing centralized configuration code and tools.
· Extensive experience with Citrix Netscaler.
· Advanced understanding of IP networking, packet framing, and dynamic routing protocols.
· Experience with these technologies: Apache, DNS, OpenShift, Splunk, Nagios, Radius, Chef, DHCP
Secondary Job Category
Other Project Management
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Are you passionate about technology? Do you love leading teams to build new things? Do you want to help drive the future of IBM's Cloud offerings? If you answered YES, then we have the right opportunity for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.