The role defines the high and low level enterprise-wide IT Architecture focusing on the mapping of IT capabilities to business needs by providing adequate IT solutions. The focus is on defining the relationship, flows and implementation of business -process, -activities, -functions, -information, applications, data and technology in the enterprise and the transitional process necessary for implementing technology in response to changing the business requirements.
This position will take an active hands on role delivering Information Technology initiatives and business projects providing strong design governance which balances business needs with operational effectiveness, security and corporate standards. As such, a knowledge of a wide range of cloud, infrastructure and application technologies, alongside the ability to communicate effectively with all areas of the business, is essential.
Key responsibilities, :
· Use your technical expertise and hands on skills to lead IT projects of our customers
· Understand organization structure,resources, priorities, requirements, policies
· Guide and lead other multi functional professionals, teams across multiple countries.
· Conclude negotiation with business partners and clients resulting, in common agreements.
· Respond to RFP(s) with adequate IT solution.
· Analyse complex IT problems, incidents and business situations. Support IT impact and risk assessment and root cause analysis to prevent potential problems in future.
· Develop high and low level designs.
· Lead IT projects and support project management with technology input.
· Has a vision of functional or client mission.
· Support and report to delivery and project executives.
· Support sales and consultative activities with our clients.
· Accountable for IT projects/programs involving country-wide or regional teams, responsible for overall function of program success.
· Activities are subject to business measurements, impact customer satisfaction, and impact functional, business unit, or country costs or expenses.
· If requires works based on guidance of Chief and/or Lead Architect.
· Finding cost effective solutions that balance business, design standards, operational support and security needs.
· Provide architectural support services in Transition & Transformation and in the engagement period documentation support for solution review, RFP/RFS response.
· Support Chief and/or Lead Architect with infrastructure element sizing and detailed configuration information.
· Gather technical requirements from infrastructure organisation
· Document high and low level solution- and detailed node design(s) and overall architecture resulting from RFS of the Clients.
· Process quality assurance, peer review of existing/created architectural design(s) and documents.
· Support designing of TCP/IP networking configuration (Layer 1-2-3) (Cabling, VLAN, routing, NAT etc...)
· Take (part in) architectural decisions.
· Maintain and support action log tracking.
· Provide, review capacity reports and respond to capacity bottlenecks.
· Participate/Host meetings, tele-, web conference with our Client(s).
· Architectural / technical interface between technical teams and executive management / Client.
· Providing subject matter expertise on IT Enterprise technologies.
· Remain informed on trends and issues in the industry, including current and emerging technologies
· Support data centre and/or cloud migration projects (Discovery, Design, Build, Migration phase)
Location: Budapest / Székesfehérvár
• YOUR MONEY
Attractive compensation and benefits
Recommend-a-Friend – get a bonus in the employee referral program
Contribution to pension plan
Special IBM discounts
• YOUR LIFE & HEALTH
Private Health insurance (Medicover)
Travel /Commuting support
Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
• YOUR DEVELOPMENT
Long term career development and possibility of internal rotation
Training programs - classroom based training and 5000 e-learning course
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0386) IBM Data Storage Systems Information Technology LLC
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related study or equivalent experience.
· Recognised as an expert in one of his/her field.
· Experience in data centre, P2V, V2V migration projects.
· Knowledge of various cloud technologies.
· 5+ years of experience in several IT disciplines, including, but not limited to, technical architecture, network management, operating systems, middleware components, database management, automation and management tools.
· 2+ years hand-on technology experience as well as technological leadership experience in enterprise IT Architecture, exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments.
· Fluent English
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Experience in data centre modernisation/migration projects.
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world's relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.