The Export Regulation Coordinator (ERC) is responsible for the implementation, day-to-day administration, and monitoring of operating unit export compliance Internal Control Programs (ICP's). The ERC provides related education and guidance to operating unit managers and employees. He/she conducts annual internal reviews of the operating unit's ICP and coordinate formal IBM export compliance reviews with the IBM CHQ Export Regulation Office (ERO), IBM CHQ Import Compliance Office (ICO), and related corporate internal audits. The ERC functions as the communication focal point between the operating units and the IBM CHQ ERO/ICO on import and export compliance requirements, issues, and associated business matters.
The role is appointed by the cloud operating unit management with local Export Regulations Executive (ERE) and local Import Requirements Executive (IRE) approval.
Skills and Attributes:
Candidate should be well versed in enterprise-wide cloud operations with global data centers. The ideal candidate will be generally familiar with IBM Cloud unit's overall structure and business operations including customs valuations, VAT tax, EU Intrastat reporting, fraud screening, cloud managed services, export regulations, sanctioned countries list, knowledge of import/export classification and country of origin, inventory and logistics. Candidate should be proficient in English. The ERC position is not an entry level position.
· Business Controls Awareness : ERC must apply basic business controls concepts such as separation of duties, audit and review coordination, and associated management reporting to design, implement, monitor, and validate the effectiveness of the operating unit's ICP.
· Process Analysis Ability: Candidate will advise and assist the operating unit on how and where to imbed IBM's import and export compliance controls into the business processes and prepare backup analysis for advisement. Candidate must understand how the local cloud business operates, and be able to identify the key tasks and control points crucial to effective and efficient operation of the ICP.
· Effective Communications: Candidate will be able to effectively communicate export compliance concepts and requirements to all levels of cloud operating unit managers and employees. The role delivers education on IBM's import and export compliance requirements. Prior demonstration of effective communications skills is required.
· Management Interactions: Candidate will be able to effectively interact with all levels of operating unit management and executives.
· Teaming: Candidate will be able to operationally manage the compliance control activities of operating unit personnel who are responsible for executing the local export compliance control system.
· Authority: Candidate must become familiar with IBM's import and export compliance requirements and be able to persuade management to adjust their business processes to effectively accommodate compliance requirements. Combining import/export compliance and business knowledge is the role's fundamental value-add to IBM. The integrity of persons holding the position must be above reproach.
· Visibility: Candidate must have cross functional, intra-enterprise visibility. He/she needs to be recognized as critical subject matter expert, and be sought out for his/her assistance and guidance by the operating unit managers and business peers. He/she is expected to be a key early involvement participant in new business activities and reengineering projects.
· Business Insight: Candidate must be able to adapt well to change and ambiguity, proactively seek out and analyze new business trends and developments for their import/export compliance implications.
· Performance: Candidate should have demonstrated past professional performance that supports his/her ability to inspire confidence amongst the operating unit's managers and employees. He/she must be able to deal with multiple business perspectives and resolve conflicts when they arise. Candidate must be proactive and inquisitive, and can, when required, function in a confidential investigative capacity – leading the analysis and presenting to management.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least 5 years background in business controls, processes, policy implementation background, awareness or past implementation in export controls a plus
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Other Project Management
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.