Your Role and Responsibilities:
In the role you will have the opportunity to work with a mix of Software & Hardware Storage solutions & join a team who have adopted an agile way of working. You will have direct responsibility for client engagement & acquisition, negotiating & converting existing and new business opportunities for IBM Storage across a variety of customer sectors, you will be tasked to maintain IBM's superior level of customer focus while identifying, negotiating, and closing opportunities.
You will cover focused offerings across the IBM Storage portfolio therefore prior knowledge of the portfolio is desired for success.
· Ensure optimal client engagement through business development activities with an emphasis on converting business opportunities
· Working with various sources, you will develop & expand on new sales opportunities and be responsible for driving them to closure
· Through continuous personal development, you will become a subject matter expert and act as an influencer and trusted advisor for clients
· Translate business pains into business solutions & work with internal IBM teams in an effective way to find the right solutions for clients
· Work closely with the IBM Business Partner network to demonstrate their skills and client interactions through to close
· Expected to find a resolution if you encounter an obstacle when generating business and handle to resolution
· Goal-oriented & maintain a sense of urgency in a deadline-driven setting
· Build your network of contacts both within IBM and your client base, making yourself the "go to" person for your specific field
· You will need to take a personal interest in everything you do, putting your client first, being prepared to tackle challenges, solve problems, and work with your team to get things done
· Have strong listening skills and be able to present complex concepts, designs, and solutions, both verbally and visibly.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0483) IBM Ireland Product Distribution Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· The ideal candidate will be proficient at using digital and business development tools, confident in engaging peers and making connections
· Minimum 2 years in a full cycle BD role with a consistent track record of achieving personal targets (opportunity identification - close)
· Previous experience in working with Business Partners is a must
· Skilled working in a fast-paced selling environment with the ability to interact with senior IT Managers & Buyers across a wide range of customer types
· Previous Storage/Hardware/Infrastructure experience or basic knowledge is preferred
· Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills and focus on client satisfaction
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Passion for technology and the ability to understand the B2B tech market
· Focused on and motivated by bringing value to the company and your own personal growth
· Constantly willing to learn, dedicated and resilient
Secondary Job Category
Eligibility to work in Ireland
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
Globally our sales teams have a competitive advantage to sell some of the world's most innovative IT solutions. They also have many fortunate opportunities to interact with clients in a wide array of fields & benefit from some of the best training in the world to help grow careers and gain exposure to international clients.
IBM Storage is a world leader in allowing organisations to leverage this critical data asset. Gartner has recognized IBM as a Magic Quadrant Leader in all four storage markets, year after year and we are currently seeking a full cycle Sales Representative to join the team in Dublin.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Digital Sales is a specialized sales organization with a purpose-built infrastructure consisting of Global Digital Sales Centers in Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX,Littleton MA and Dublin Ireland. Digital Sales teams engage with clients of all sizes and markets to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.