We are currently looking for graduates to join our Systems team working initially as Technical Sales Specialists to join our business in the UK selling data/storage solutions and Server/AI solutions working with an experienced sales team, with an option to move into sales after 6-12 months for the majority of successful candidates.
The initial role supports our Sales Executives who rely on proactive sales support during the sales process. IBM's Sales Team engages with clients, partners and prospects to demonstrate how IBM solutions can support key business challenges and priorities such as; Analytics & AI, Hybrid Multi-Cloud Platforms and Modern Data Protection through implementation of solutions supporting the technical teams internally. The Sales Specialist works collaboratively with the client & partner to ensure world-class architecture and delivery of solutions to help clients exceed their business objectives. This experience will provide the best foundation for those wishing to move into Sales at a later date.
Scope of initial Role:
As you become more experienced in the role you will team with sales specialists and have the opportunity to drive business for systems storage or server solutions and deliver sales presentations, product demonstrations and product roadmaps as well as developing future state plans and migration strategy.
Develop expertise in:
• Working with Market Sales Team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies
• Being able to present the IBM Systems vision and offering strategy across the solution offering to all levels across the customer internally and externally e.g. technical or business leads.
• Owning the delivery of Systems briefings for solutions and/products for external and internal customers/partners.
• Conducting research, answer questions and help handle objections that arise during the sales process
• Recommending the right data solution and strategy for a client or prospect by having knowledge of solutions in the market place and the clients/prospects needs
• Maintaining product/solution expertise of market trends in aligned technology including a detailed understanding of the competition
• Anticipating technology and/or market trends and provides guidance on their application to external clients and feedback of business requirements back into IBM Offering Management and IBM Marketing
• Qualifying sales opportunities in the terms of customer requirements, competition, decision-making process and funding
• Successfully building relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources and abilities
• Engaging in social media / digital marketing awareness efforts around IBM Systems products, portfolio and thought leadership
• BA or equivalent preferably in Business, Communications, or technical field
• A passion for customer service and relationship building
• Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing, results-driven work environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Technical Aptitude to understand the IBM Systems portfolio
Benefits for you:
Joining IBM will open up career opportunities in over 170 countries and in a wide range of disciplines. To ensure your success, IBM will make a significant investment in your personal development. You will join a company with a powerful reputation for success, which is focused on innovation, growth and future technologies.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
General Other Technical Sales Architect
State / Province
LONDON, CITY OF
Primary job category
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Technical Sales Architect
Can live and work in UK without sponsorship from IBM
Must be able to speak and write in Fluent English
Early Professional Track
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
IBM is the largest technology employer in the world, with over 300,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. In 2018, we generated $80 billion in revenue. We invest more than $6 billion a year in R&D, have 26 consecutive years of patent leadership and we invite you to join our team.
Your Life @ IBM
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.