IBM is looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our team of expert Identity and Access Management (IAM) engineers. The role will be reporting direct to the IAM Identity Engineering Services Business Manager and will be responsible for implementing innovative IAM solutions that integrate our existing Identity Services.
In this position, you will be part of a team of Software Engineers who are engaged in a large-scale effort to design, develop, implement and support leading edge micro-services internal web-based Identity Services with Agile methodology. You will provide support for an existing range of services and design innovative solutions that integrate into the existing platform and to automate business processes used by internal and external partners. You must be adept at problem solving, workflow analysis, interpersonal relations, and have excellent oral/written communications skills. You must have the ability to promote a spirit of partnership and collegiality across administrative and functional areas of the company. In return, you will work with state of the art tools and methodologies. This team supports IBM's internal and external identities (w3id and IBMid).
· Work closely with business stakeholders, product owners and squad members to understand requirements and translate to design solutions
· Source code development and maintenance of tooling and automation applications that enable Single Sign-on.
· Unit test case development for front and backend development that will be integrated into the continuous integration environment.
· Maintain and administrate source code versioning and release management.
· Support production as needed and meet development schedules
· Provide support to the SSO Onboarding team and users in internal corporate forums.
· Work in an Agile environment
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 3+ years of experience writing Node.js
· 2+ years experience with React and Redux, Lodash, and/or CSS preprocessors like LESS or SASS
· 3+ Experience building responsive layouts with CSS and HTML
· Experience with modern browser technologies
· UX and design sensibilities
· The Git workflow, including pull requests, code reviews, and CI/CD systems
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· 3 + years experience in designing RESTful web services that integrate multiple backend webservices.
· Experience of Agile process and best practices
· Experience with IBM Cloud and other IBM cloud offerings.
· Experience with Docker
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM's IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.