As a Full Stack Developer, you'll be using the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software and web applications. You'll have an opportunity to drive the choice of technologies used as we transform our applications and experiment with the best new tools for the job based on upcoming industry trends. You'll be responsible for ensuring that components are expertly architected, tested, debugged, verified, and delivered into various contexts across the IBM Enterprise, creating a productive environment for IBMers and our Business Partners. The ideal candidate would have experience in Micro-Services, API Architecture and/or TypeScript, as we need more great skills in these areas to enrich us.
Our team owns IBM global software selling platforms, used by all of IBM software sales, business partners, and IBM software partners.
Like so many, we're working remotely at present. We're all looking forward to the new normal, when we can meet again face-to-face. A typical day still begins with the team's daily stand-up. Then it's head-down coding time for a couple of hours. Next could be attending a virtual lunch and learn session by one of your colleagues. You may have signed up to one of IBMs over 20,000 free online courses for a refresher on a particular topic before you get back to coding for a few more hours. Perhaps you're hosting an architecture session where you decide as a team how to solve a specific problem for your product. You complete it, to find someone had submitted code for your review - which you can do easily because you have been working with them for some time and have coached them to write better code.
At IBM we embrace diversity and value what individuals add to our culture. We believe highly empowered teams create the best products - so we take a group of designers, developers, and business analysts, and give them free rein on how to address problems, in a "We give you a problem, you decide how to solve it" environment.
Above all, we value curiosity, teamwork, and a desire to learn. We are confident that if you possess the right attitude, work ethic, and skill set that you could succeed in the role, even if you do not have all of the required skills.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Research Triangle Park
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Solid knowledge of Java technology, familiar with IO, NIO, Thread, etc. Understand JVM and JMM.
· Be familiar with popular web development frameworks and tools, such as, SpringMVC, SpringBoot, SpringCloud, Hibernate, MyBatis, MQ, NoSQL DBs.
· Be familiar with popular front-end development frameworks, such VUE, AngularJS
· Be familiar with popular development tools, such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc.
· Solid knowledge on modeling, design patterns, refactoring, unit test.
· Solid knowledge on Agile methodology and practices, such as SCRUM, Extreme Programming (XP), Test Driven Development (TDD), Continues Integration, etc.
· Solid knowledge on Databases such as MySQL, DB2, Oracle and etc(at least one).
· Solid knowledge on micro services, DevOps.
· Strong software engineering, project management knowledge & experience.
· Bachelor or master degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience in enterprise transformation of monolithic application architectures to microservice.
· Experience with Design thinking methods to understand personas and develop great user design
· Demonstrated ability to operate within short release cycles.
· Experience using modern collaboration tools in a highly-responsive environment
· Great planning and organisational skills, good time management, with the ability to manage and prioritise own workload and to deal with urgent deadlines and changes to requirements
· Close team working and collaboration across both global and local team environments
· The ability to communicate across organisational boundaries and manage stakeholders
· A passion for creative solutions to real user needs and business problems
· Driven to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction, addressing the underlying problem and questioning any assumptions
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.