In this role, you will be engaged in big data extract, transform, and load application development as well as complex problem determination with a number of IBM, open-source and other emerging technologies. As an engineering leader, you are expected to be able to pick up new technology areas quickly and have previous experience in a variety of programming languages, protocols, DevOps tools, and demonstrated agile programming/debugging skills. You will have some exposure to IBM technologies/products as well as many open source technologies. It will be part of your job to help evaluate the latest technologies and figure out the best way to implement.
Responsibilities may include:
· (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery CI/CD) tools, and then a varying experience with other tools / technologies
· Experience with Apache Spark, and Kubernetes is crucial. Experience in Scala is highly preferred.
· Producing solutions for IBMers that excel at user-experience, performance, reliability and scalability.
· Collaborating, mentoring and training other development team members
· Evaluating and selecting appropriate tools to improve our teams' productivity
· Building, automating, and releasing solutions on demand
· Participate and lead all Agile ceremonies with your team.
· Leading risks and resolving issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
· Experience with automated deployments and monitoring
· Consistent track record in implementing via agile methodologies CIODEM20
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 1+ years experience applied knowledge of software development
· Experience in Apache Spark for leading Big Data.
· Significant experience with SQL (DB2) and NoSQL databases (Cloudant, Mondo, etc).
· Significant experience with source control management with Git, SVN, etc.
· Significant experience developing using micro-services architecture and DevOps Technology such as Docker, Chef, Jenkins, uDeploy, Maven, Travis CI.
· Significant experience with IBM Cloud (or similar such as AWS, Azure, etc) IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Experience with Scala highly desired
Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
Experience with automated deployments and monitoring
Consistent track record in implementing via agile methodologies
Experience with Elastic Search, Kibana, Kafka, Kubernetes, Apache Ignite, and Bazel
Secondary Job Category
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Accelerating IBM's journey toward an insight-driven cognitive enterprise, redesigning IBM's operating model to continuously align with fundamental market shifts, building advocacy with clients/users and driving new ways of work while embracing speed and agility in everything we do.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.