Who you are :
As a ETL Developer you will apply your deep expertise in designing, development, code fix and testing the applications. Should be comfortable in an agile environment. You should have demonstrated development support skills and have the ability to take charge of distributed multi-geography, ad-hoc teams.
What you'll do :
As an Application developer for ETL applications you will be
· Involved in the Business Requirements gathering wherein the client's business process is studied in detail.
· Business Requirements is understood and analyzed by having frequent interaction with various user levels to understand their requirements.
· Involve in mapping of clients business requirements to the applications to come out with a clear cut picture of out of box functionalities, workarounds and customizations.
· Create Low level design documentation from the High level requirement from the business team.
· Create Unit test case
· Design and development of ETL processes using DataStage against variety data sources
· Troubleshooting and performance tuning of ETL jobs
· Handling Technical issues, Involve in Code reviews, mentoring the team members.
· Troubleshooting and performance tuning of ETL jobs How we'll help you grow
· You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be.
· You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
· You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 10+ years of development experience in ETL DataStage 11.x
· Experience with translating interface requirements in design specifications for development
· 7+ years of experience in DB2/SQL or major relational DB platforms
· Individual Contributor with proven soft skills.
· Will pick up responsibility of doing both data enablement and development within the IBM infrastructure.
· Working knowledge in DML commands, complex SQL queries, data movement methods from various sources.
· You will be the key developer for new requirements and data base performance, stability and availability.
· Will work across several brand groups within IBM to understand the data requirements, where to source data along with design/enable/code/deliver against the business requirements
· Work closely with Cognos report writers to ensure they understand the data and can deliver the reports the business is looking for
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Skill on Agile methodology work-process
· Knowledge of Big data tools like Spark/ Scala/ Kafka/ Python etc.
· Exposure to engagements focused on Data and Advanced Business Analytics
· Able to work independently
· Willing to learn new technologies for driving the project
· Ability to communicate with both Technical team & internal Stakeholders
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.