As a DevOps Engineer your responsibilities will include:
· Work directly with the DevOps team and Senior DevOps manager to test system integrity
· Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management
· Test implemented designs
· Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
· Handle code deployments in all environments
· Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
· Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
· Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve development delivery
· Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages
· Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
· Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects
· Manage CI and CD tools with team
· Document and design various processes; update existing processes
· Improve infrastructure development and application development
· Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company
Successful candidates for these positions will work onsite at the IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge. The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Louisiana. The work location is 100 North Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Minimum 5 years of overall IT experience.
· Minimum 5 years' previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
· Minimum or 5 years experience in devOps tools such as: Docker, Kubernetes. Jenkins, Git, Gradle. Puppet, Ansible, Nagios, Raygun, Bamboo.
· Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations
· Up-to-date on the latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
· Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
· Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Minimum 7 years of overall IT experience.
Minimum 7 years' previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
Minimum or 7 years experience in devOps tools such as: Docker, Kubernetes. Jenkins, Git, Gradle. Puppet, Ansible, Nagios, Raygun, Bamboo.
Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations
Up-to-date on the latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Referral Promo Code
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.