We are looking for applicants who will thrive in an open, dynamic, flexible, fun-spirited, collaborative environment and desire creative freedom and an opportunity to work on high performing teams!
The IBM CIO organization is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to work as members of our internal agile software development squad. We play a major role in delivering new technology to the IBMers. Our applications are built by self-directed, end-to-end development squads, and we are looking for Engineers who will collaborate with multiple squads to provide technical leadership to implement the Pricing@IBM strategy. Our strategy includes migrating from monolithic legacy Systems Of Record to componentized Systems Of Engagement by leveraging Cloud technologies, MicroServices and API based architectures and Cognitive technologies.
You will join an exciting team, in an open landscaped, collaborative environment using agile delivery methods. Your responsibility includes:
· Implement stack deployments follow best practices that result in secure and scalable platforms.
· Monitor resource usage, set budgets, manage accounts and stay on top of new service developments from IBM Cloud and other Leading Cloud providers.
· Ensure performance standards by configuring auto-scaling to meet business requirements.
· Work closely with Strategy and DevOps teams to maintain test / staging / production environments to meet uptime, performance, cost and security goals.
· Maintaining, updating and refining documentation. No remote opportunities exist
Will consider relocation for candidates with the right skills/experience
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 3+ years of experience with managing a Cloud Platform - Bluemix, Openshift, AWS etc.
· Experience with Cloud Infrastructure & Application monitoring tools (New Relic or similar).
· Basic understanding of Access Control and least privilege principle.
· Experience writing technical documentation, especially in relation to Cloud architecture.
· Understanding of network configuration (DNS, VPN, IP Proxy, Firewall, DHCP).
· Fast learner and adaptable to new technologies and tools.
· Have highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written
· Demonstrated experience defining and implementing a DevOps culture
· Demonstrated experience working in an Agile Environment.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Demonstrated experience with IBM Blue Cloud and Bluemix
· Experience in Pricing, Procurement and/or Fulfilment
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible. Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
How we'll help you grow:
• You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need, to become the expert you want to be.
• You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
• You will have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, unusually distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, “be essential.” We are changing how we craft. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are crafting the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that encourages, in an environment where growth is supported. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're encouraged to build breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're establishing teams with dynamic strengths with people who want their ideas to matter.
Join us — you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.