IBM seeks to hire a Deskside Support Representative. In this role, you will be responsible for resolving issues, and requests escalated from the Service Desk requiring on-site support. Also, in the position, you will respond to Service Desk referrals from end-users requesting help to solve PC/MAC hardware, software, peripheral, or production equipment related problems or issues.
Your roles and responsibilities will be performing activities including, but not limited to:
· Resolving issues related to operating systems and core office applications.
· Resolving tickets within the customer SLAs (ServiceNow ticketing system)
· Configuring and maintaining operating systems for end-User devices.
· Loading operating system images, configuring settings, testing, and distributing operating system images for User devices.
· Scheduling, managing, and executing standard installation and setup of new hardware, desk moves (laptops/desktops/telecom and peripheral devices), and changes.
· Managing break/fix incidents for hardware.
· Providing printer, scanner/copier, and other peripheral maintenance, including setup and break/fix.
· Configuring, deploying, maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones, and other computers and equipment.
· Creating alternatives methods of completing tasks, correcting user errors, and system inconsistencies to improve the desktop team function.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
Technical Support Representative
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Fixed Term - Long Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least two years of experience with:
Supporting Windows 7-10 operating systems
Network security practices and anti-virus programs
Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, such as printers and scanners
Technical knowledge concerning the software, end-User hardware/desktop configurations, and peripherals identified in the Contract Documents
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
At least two years of experience with:
· Knowledge of Active Directory
· Apple IOS
· ServiceNow Also:
· MCDST, MCSA, CompTIA A+, Security+, HDI-CSR / HDI TSP, ITIL Foundation
· Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or other related fields
· Excellent customer-facing skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Secondary Job Category
Other Product Services
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
New Collar Role
A Technical Support Representatives at IBM is a front-line position supporting our products and making sure they are at their best for our customers. With over 100 years in technology, IBM has built a strong reputation of quality service and this role ensures we continue to deliver on that promise. If you enjoy helping people with technical issue, you'll love your career at IBM.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.